CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #31
Jodi Bainbridge

Profile:
Re: Nike Metcon

I'm assuming they are making a women's version too? I can't find anything anywhere. Anybody know?
Old 01-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #32
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi Bainbridge View Post
I'm assuming they are making a women's version too? I can't find anything anywhere. Anybody know?
its the same shoe but yes, they do have women sizes. there are already plenty of female athletes using them like Lauren Fisher and a few others.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #33
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

Its funny. Reebok sees Nike coming out with their answer for the Nano, so they sign Froning to a big contract and are announcing his exclusive shoe today. I keep hearing people talk about Reebok like they're going to get wiped up by Nike, but Reebok is no dummy. They listen to the market and have survived many market cycles and trends when everybody said they were done for. Unfortunately for my wife I'll just end up buying both pairs.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:03 PM   #34
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Mitchell View Post
Its funny. Reebok sees Nike coming out with their answer for the Nano, so they sign Froning to a big contract and are announcing his exclusive shoe today. I keep hearing people talk about Reebok like they're going to get wiped up by Nike, but Reebok is no dummy. They listen to the market and have survived many market cycles and trends when everybody said they were done for. Unfortunately for my wife I'll just end up buying both pairs.
Reebok has been getting wiped by Nike for 20 years. Signing Froning isn't going to make much of a difference.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:33 PM   #35
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hoegner View Post
Reebok has been getting wiped by Nike for 20 years. Signing Froning isn't going to make much of a difference.
You're confusing marketshare with niches. Nike owns the market. But that doesn't mean Reebok can't have the majority of CrossFit.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #36
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
You're confusing marketshare with niches. Nike owns the market. But that doesn't mean Reebok can't have the majority of CrossFit.
Trust me, if Nike wants the CrossFit market, they will have it. reebok just can't compete with Nike when it is all said and done. The only reason why Reebok has a chance is that they have the contract with CrossFit so they can actually use the name in their product. it will be interesting to see how it will play when Reeboks contract is up since I am sure that Nike will make a bid for it.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:19 PM   #37
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Marketshare........I went to Disneyworld last year and wore my Nanos everywhere. I saw a grand total of 0 other people there wearing them while I was there for a week. I saw soon many people wearing Nikes (Frees etc) so yes Nike owns the marketplace, yes you see a lot of nano at Crossfit gyms and competitions, however now that Nike has stepped in with a really good shoe designed specifically with this type of training in mind I think you will start to see a split of people. Especially if the Nike shoe is widely available. When the Nano first came out it was nowhere to be found. Now you can at least try them on in a store.

Nike owns basketball, now football and for the most part running and training (minus Crossfit) They are going to go after it for sure. I would like to try them on and see what fits my feet better. I got Nano 3.0's but do not like them as much as my 2.0's. And I will NOT wear a "Rich Froning" shoe. I am sure he just the greatest guy ever but no and more no.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:39 PM   #38
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Marketshare........I went to Disneyworld last year and wore my Nanos everywhere. I saw a grand total of 0 other people there wearing them while I was there for a week. I saw soon many people wearing Nikes (Frees etc) so yes Nike owns the marketplace, yes you see a lot of nano at Crossfit gyms and competitions, however now that Nike has stepped in with a really good shoe designed specifically with this type of training in mind I think you will start to see a split of people. Especially if the Nike shoe is widely available. When the Nano first came out it was nowhere to be found. Now you can at least try them on in a store.

Nike owns basketball, now football and for the most part running and training (minus Crossfit) They are going to go after it for sure. I would like to try them on and see what fits my feet better. I got Nano 3.0's but do not like them as much as my 2.0's. And I will NOT wear a "Rich Froning" shoe. I am sure he just the greatest guy ever but no and more no.
i agree 100%. with that said, if the Froning shoe is just his design and doesn't say Froning on it, i don't see a reason not to get it. he does have great taste in shoes (look at all the special editions that he wore over the years) so i at least want to see what it is all about.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #39
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

Quote:
Let's place a friendly wager on who will own the CF market in a year.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #40
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hoegner View Post
Let's place a friendly wager on who will own the CF market in a year.

I'm okay with that.

Here's an article about Reebok's new campaign. Should be an interesting year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenhe...rand-campaign/