CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-01-2015, 12:19 AM   #1
Kenneth Cheung

Profile:
reebok what have you done!

i'm so frustrated, being based out of China, its really difficult for me to get a pair of Nano5s, but eventually i managed to (1 size bigger than i'd usually wear), they were totally awful, so my friend got another pair and shipped them to me (took 2 weeks) in my size, still HATE them, WORST shoe ever, its the first time i've wanted to take off my shoes mid-WOD, and wearing them around at one point i thought i'd lost a toe to gangrene they felt so tight around my toes, Reebok totally ruined all that was great about the Nano 2s and 3s and created this monstrosity,i'm so disappointed.

*rant over*
Old 09-01-2015, 07:45 AM   #2
Christian Crochet

Profile:
Re: reebok what have you done!

Metcons are amazing...FYI!!! It's ok to switch you don't have to be stuck up Reeboks hiney
Old 09-01-2015, 11:51 AM   #3
Andrew Bell

Profile:

There was another thread on here not long ago talking about how bad the Nano5 is. I agree. I wore mine yesterday for a 4 mile run and by the end, it was cutting in to my heel/achilles tendon so bad I had to pull them off the instant I got back to the gym. I do think they are better suited to distance running than the Met Con's, but nothing over all beats the 4.0. Best shoe there is.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:49 PM   #4
Kenneth Cheung

Profile:

i tried the Metcons, and i actually quite like them, but after the nano4s i was hoping the 5s would be just as good, the 2s and 4s were near perfect, i would have bought a lifetimes worth and stored them in a nuclear bunker and wore them for the rest of my life

the nano5s have destroyed that illusion, i want to find the nano5 designer and slap him in the face with a pair of metcons...some people just want to watch the world burn.

the thing is, because i'm such a crossfit group, even today i'm wearing them again, every step i take is like being a member of Opus Dei (WFS) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_Dei, wearing one of their self-flagellation devices around my feet, each step further proof of my faith in the gods of crossfit.

damn you reebok, damn you and your nano5s!
Old 09-03-2015, 07:18 AM   #5
Christian Crochet

Profile:

I loved the 2's until they started stretching out to the point I couldn't tie them tight enough to get them to fit right. They were super light and breathable, I wore those things to death while deployed, to the point I just left them at the deployed location. The 4's I agree probably were my favorite, I decided I refuse to buy any shoes with the Reebok Crossfit name on it after I saw what they did pricing the Compete 6:14's where they did.

I finally broke down and bought some MetCons, took considerable breaking in, but I love them. Bonus that they don't have Crossfit plastered all over them.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #6
Michael A. Jones

Profile:

I tried on the 5.0s at a local Academy store. The associates even let me do box jumps on the bench!!

I, however, did not purchase. They didn't have the same feel as previous models....I'm still a huge fan of the 2 and 3; the 4 didn't blow my skirt too much. Reebok seems to be getting worse as the shoe is suppose to be evolving.

I haven't had the opportunity to try the Metcon yet....I just feel that I'd be spinning my wheels because Nike traditionally runs a bit more narrow than most shoes. At least for me they do.
A friend suggested 511 Recon Trainers to me. The reviews vary as with all products but I tried a pair and think they'll do well for me. I ordered a pair for $77 with free shipping and a free pair to boot!! I should receive them NLT Tuesday.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:17 AM   #7
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael A. Jones View Post
I haven't had the opportunity to try the Metcon yet....I just feel that I'd be spinning my wheels because Nike traditionally runs a bit more narrow than most shoes. At least for me they do.
Same here on the Nikes. Metcons were so narrow that it was really uncomfortable. Back to my Nano 2.0 and 4.0.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #8
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel OBrien View Post
Same here on the Nikes. Metcons were so narrow that it was really uncomfortable. Back to my Nano 2.0 and 4.0.
my Metcons felt narrow at first but after a bit of breakin, feels amazing. i bought 2 more pairs and now all my Nano's are sitting untouched.

i am quite amazed at how many members of our gyms switched to Metcons lately.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #9
Kenneth Cheung

Profile:

nano 2 and 4 were my favourites, metcons are a 3rd, but with the 5s i've jsut grown so frustrated now i think i'm going to stick with metcons. incidentally, someone i know at nike saw me ranting about nanos on facebook and sent me a pair for free, so as far as community and social media is concerned, compared to the non-response reebok gave me, Nike wins.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:33 AM   #10
Jason Rahm

Profile:

Meh, to each their own. Personally I think the 5's are easily their best version yet. They fit me like a glove, I rarely tie them when working out. I've have every version of nanos and a pair of Metcons. My ranking would be 5's, 1's (Uform), 4's, 3's, 2's, then Metcons. Everyone has different feet and preferences. I love a stiffer sole for working out which is why I love the 5's and uforms.