CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #1371
Dave Coughlin

Profile:
Re: D.C.'s CF Log, including a return to multi-sport

6/18/2011 @FD

CFE WOD...on treadmill
8x200m with 2:00 RI
Treadmill set at 6:30/mile pace, so my work sets were :45 long

*Felt something similar to shin splints around #4 or so; however, it wasn't debiliating at all. I think the shins and calves are feeling sore because I have been focusing on hitting the POSE benchmarks with each step. Some calf massage before I hit the rack at the station will help quite a bit methinks.
**This new CFE template is pretty tough. Abs are pretty sore today after doing yesterday's 50 GHD situps!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:30 AM   #1372
Christin Street

Profile:

Got my eye on you. You'd better stick with it this time.
Looking forward to seeing how you like CFE.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #1373
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

Christin...good to know you're still here, watching me I miss the old days with you, Keith, Chuck B, DS, and Matt B; not much good on the forums like a few years back. My feeling for B-mac is still the same; however, I've always liked the programming, and this template should take me right up to a sprint tri in September. I think I might be starting to really like CF again, and the Regionals programming is a big part of it....I almost severed my ties completely after that crap programming in the Open Anyways, it looks like you're enjoying life via FB, so take care...I look forward to our eventual meeting...

6/20/2011 at home

CF Endurance WOD
6x200m, with :90 RI
:38, :39, :39, :44, :39, :46

*Took Sunday/Father's Day off....we were pretty busy Sat night, so I came home Sunday morning and slept (I can usually get a nap or a workout each day I'm off, but usually not both). The strength and conditioning WODs for this week look pretty fun/challenging; I can't wait to see my weaknesses exposed!
**My 200m runs felt a little faster than the first week, although my calves keep getting tighter despite my efforts. That, to me at least, makes me think I am running with more of a POSE-type form. The rest intervals were :30 less than the other days with 200m programmed in; the last three runs were exponentially harder than the first three. I was hoping to squeeze out two more, but it wasn't in the cards. Now, if I could corral my appetite, I'd be getting somewhere!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #1374
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

6/21/2011 @FD

CFE Strength WOD
Dynamic Effort Deadlift: 50-70% of 1RM with low reps, and move fast!
warmup 155*5, 155*5
Work: 8 sets of 245x3 EMOM

two hours of half-court basketball in the 98 degree heat

*First time with DE DLs. I didn't feel very comfortable doing them fast, as I have never really done fast rep DLs much before. This is definitely something I'll be playing around with, in terms of chains/bands/etc. I pushed the conditioning to tomorrow, as my crew wanted to play 2on2, and they needed me to play.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #1375
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

6/22/2011 @Fit Pit

CFE Conditioning WOD

Five rounds of:
-155# Clean & Jerk, 5 reps (squat clean first two rounds, then PC to PJ)
-10 KBS, 55#
-25 pushups
16:30

*This was supposed to be the conditioning after yesterday's DE deadlift. One unexpected bonus to the CFE programming is that many of the movements that I struggle with are included (pushups, GHDs, C2B, etc) in the conditioning WODs. The C&Js got tougher with each round, even moreso than I had figured. A quality workout for sure, the guys I worked out with were looking pretty beat up afterwards.
**Later that afternoon, I worked out in the sun for a little over an hour mowing/trimming the front yard....backyard tomorrow?
Old 06-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #1376
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

6/23/2011 @home

CF Endurance WOD
3x800m repeats with 2:30 RI, try to keep intervals within five seconds of each other
3:36, 3:44, 3:53

*Hot at 3:30pm today, all my other runs have been at night. The RI was :30 less then the last time I ran 800s, and that was noticeable for sure! Starting to get soreness in my back when running, which I would guess is because I am a fat fu(k at 250#. Gotta get that in line....
Old 07-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #1377
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

6/30/11 @FD
90mins basketball

7/1/11 @WW

C2 intervals-1200m work with 3:00 RI
4:41, 4:44, 4:51

3x10 pushups/situps

*First time doing these long of C2 intervals, the wheels came off a couple times during that last one!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #1378
Jesse Emers

Profile:

Glad to see you back at it Dave. CF Endurance looks pretty cool, but I would get bored with all that running and rowing. It's definitely smart programming and no doubt that it works! I like the looks of the metcons. Sprint tri sounds like a great idea.

I've done a couple obstacle course/trail runs since we've last talked and I've fallen in love with trail running (REAL trail running with boulders/logs/streams). I don't do it that often though just because of time. I'm signed up for another big one in November.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #1379
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

Jesse-Hello again, my friend! Hope all is well with you, married yet? I'm not sure where you are living now, but there are at least ten types of mud/obstacle/warrior runs from now until the end of the year in FLA. I have yet to do one, but I've had fun playing around at a few strongman and highland games events; as well as getting my a$$ kicked at a couple CF events, after focusing the past six months on strength/power. I was a triathlete before I discovered CF, and I'd like to do a few events a year just for fun. The tri in September is for a great cause, and will benefit the family of a lost friend/coach of mine, so I want to really do well. The CFE stuff is really great, and it hits a lot of my goats (rings, pullups, pushups, GHDs, etc).

7/3/2011 @FD

cfwu 1x10, lots of hip mobility work

Overhead Squat
45*10, 75*8, 95*5, 115*5, 135*5, 155*3

Tire WOD-untimed, approx tire weight 400#
Six rounds of:
-six tire flips
-step inside of tire and farmers carry it back

*First time OHS in a while; back got tight fast, and shoulders never really got loose. I had some pretty sickeningly good depth, so that helped. I was reading a Dan John article about the OHS, and I thought, "self-you haven't OHD'ed in a while....get to work!" Would have preferred bumpers, so that might have added to my shorter quitting boundary. The tire WOD was a smoker, and the tire carry was a pain. It took about 12-15 minutes.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #1380
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

7/4/2011 @home

CFE WOD-1000m long intervals

Site Rx: 2-4x1000m runs with 3:00 RI, keep runs between 3-6 seconds
Three runs:
-4:56
-4:56
-5:25

4x25 leg lifts

*I didn't know what kind of time to expect for the 1000m runs, as I've never ran that distance before. I held back a tiny bit on the first run, so I could easily keep pace on the second. The wheels came off halfway through my third/final run. Can't help but think how much better these intervals would be if I was 225#....doing a 5K right now would be a joke. After yesterday's birthday binging, and more of the same today, tomorrow might be an ideal time to tighten things up food-wise.