CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #5831
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Have been slacking on my log again. It's only gonna get worse with the busy holidays ahead.
Couple of things I'm really excited about. I PRed my OHS (my #1 goat along with snatches and ring dips) yesterday although there wasn't a witness so I'm not counting it.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
OHS 1-1-1-1-1
65-75-80-85-90f

Wednesday, December 9, 2009
"Elizabeth"
21-15-9 of Full Squat Cleans (95/135) and Ring Dips
Time=21:22

Slow time but...first time using 95# on Liz which is 5# under my 1RM on cleans. Unassisted bar dips on the first round, then purple band on the other two. Today was the first time I've ever done an unassisted dip period. Who knew? Apparently Coach Shana did.
AWESOME work here Christin!! I am working soooo hard for ring dips too!!! It is a very weak area for me.. 95 for Elizabeth is HARD!! GREAT JOB!!
the OHS numbers rock too!!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #5832
Harrie Weidenbacher

Profile:

All I can say is, I was there for Elizabeth and I was gobsmacked at your work! It was just amazing!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #5833
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

Sick Elizabeth Christin, and I think we did OHS the same day

Hope the holidays are doing right by you...I'm not on here as much for a while-house closing is coming up in a couple weeks (three months behind schedule), baby Ryan Murphy may be arriving a couple days before his 1/11/2010 expected date, and wifey will be out of commission for a while after that. Not to mention the double jobs, and the 2.5 year old we have already Throw the holidays in there, and my need to stay focused with WODs is paramount, save I have a fit of my own. What can I say, when it rains, it pours. I'm still very blessed, and hope you can steal a few moments to share a bottle of wine with the Mr. Happy Holidays, if I don't catch you on either here or FB.

That hectic holiday schedule still leaves me plenty of time to train for the FLA sectionals on 3/13; in fact, I've already got that day off I'll be doing most of my training at home, but so what!

Keep up the great and inspirational work.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #5834
Christin Street

Profile:

I've been taking way to many rest days lately. Averaging maybe 4 WODs a week. Although I must say that since we've gone off HQ and done our own programming at CFED, I've been WRECKED more ever since I started CrossFit. I don't mean to be critical of the HQ WOD, but instead being complimentary to Shana and Tommy on their stellar programming.

Thursday, December 10, 2009
Rest day

Friday, December 11, 2009
Rest day

Saturday, December 12, 2009
4 Rounds for time of
500m Row
400m Run
200 Jump Rope Singles
50 Squats
Time=30:30

I heard from a little birdy that the 2010 CF Games will have a Masters Division (50+) at the Regional Level (would still have to make it through Sectionals versus the young thangs). I suppose that means I'm running out of excuses. Argh. But one more...this is such a hard time of year for me to commit...diet is crap, training is spotty, thoughts are all on my family and getting ready for Xmas. I'll reconsider at the beginning of the year.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #5835
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Go for it Christin, there's not going to be many 50+ crossfitters that can keep up with you, get through Christmas best you can then smash 3 months of hard training.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 12-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #5836
Keith Walker

Profile:

Quote:
I've been taking way to many rest days lately. Averaging maybe 4 WODs a week. Although I must say that since we've gone off HQ and done our own programming at CFED, I've been WRECKED more ever since I started CrossFit. I don't mean to be critical of the HQ WOD, but instead being complimentary to Shana and Tommy on their stellar programming.

Thursday, December 10, 2009
Rest day

Friday, December 11, 2009
Rest day

Saturday, December 12, 2009
4 Rounds for time of
500m Row
400m Run
200 Jump Rope Singles
50 Squats
Time=30:30

I heard from a little birdy that the 2010 CF Games will have a Masters Division (50+) at the Regional Level (would still have to make it through Sectionals versus the young thangs). I suppose that means I'm running out of excuses. Argh. But one more...this is such a hard time of year for me to commit...diet is crap, training is spotty, thoughts are all on my family and getting ready for Xmas. I'll reconsider at the beginning of the year.
YOU TOTALLY should pursue the Games Masters Division!!!!
Oh, btw, how in the hell are you?!
Old 12-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #5837
Christin Street

Profile:

Keith- Miss you!
Scott- The knowledge that I don't have to qualify at Sectionals for the Masters Div was an eye-opener. Still on the fence. Need to get through the holidays.

As for the continuation of this log, I'm no longer on the fence. I apologize for my disappearance from posting on your logs within the past 5 months. The reason is twofold: 1) life got in the way and 2) personal disappointment with how my two favorite CF Cert orators, Rip and Wolf, were outed from CrossFit. A huge loss. Having been censored here in the past, I'll kept my mouth shut.

This log/blog has served it's purpose and I'm very grateful for the 20 months of support I've received. Muchos gracias to all.

Thanks first and foremost to Coach and Lauren for your brilliant programming. I hope you can continue to to maintain an open source model.

I'll probably be kicking off a blog sometime in 2010. Meanwhile you can find me on FB under Christin Farrington Street.

Peace to all.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #5838
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

Happy Holidays, Soccer Mom

You've got PM
Old 12-31-2009, 06:45 AM   #5839
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Quote:
I can only encourage you to do it, you are a wonderwoman and and the Master division needs to know!
Old 03-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #5840
Christin Street

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek View Post
I can only encourage you to do it, you are a wonderwoman and and the Master division needs to know!
It's been awhile since I posted but I'm pretty excited about this...after belly-aching for a few months, I finally registered for the Master's Division at Regionals in May! That calls for a post of the silliest smilie on the Message Boards....