CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 09-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #2391
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Sharknado

Andrew, it was awhile back that Daryl posted some videos of some russian girl doing pullups with mediocre form as how apparently awesome it was that she could a dozen pullups.

She was just a young teen maybe junior high age so nothing to get excited about. Just another video of russians doing gymnastics on outside bars. Sometimes they do cool stuff but seeing as Im a gymnastics snob, err coach I wasn't impressed. National team members do that better as a warmup besides any girl who is serious about trying to be Elite.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #2392
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Andrew, the word blocked out was similar to crappy.

I thought about some milk tonight. 3 small chicken tacos was not enough.

I had some Muscle Milk as lunch sorta.

Decent day lifting at my friends box. Apparently they were doing Fran, Diane, Nasty Girls, Isabel instead of Oly so I worked up to a daily max. 73/93. Not bad since I decided to do a 85m bike ride to the gym instead of waiting an hr for the next express bus.

Im pretty sure the members there arent used to seeing and hearing what happens when someone goes for daily 1rms.

Right knee got achy during snatches but seems to have gone away afterwards.

Friends box is having a throwdown Saturday. Gonna look it up and decide whether to do strength or do something stupid on Saturday.

...in my Progenex shirt. My buddy gave me some **** for my 17 year old tanktop Ive used since I started lifting. Actually was my dads so its beat to hell more than an Missouri wifebeater.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #2393
Andrew Bell

Profile:

9/18/2013
Flag football: 1 hour.

9/19/2013
Snatch 3x3, 1x2
Clean 3x2, jerk second rep.
Sots press - 2x5
Pendlay rows: 3x5
Front squat: 2x4, 2x2

Thoughts:
Flag football is a beast. Seriously. About an hour with maybe 2 5 minute breaks of 10-20 second sprints, followed by a minute rest. Needed this badly in my training. Totally got my marshawn lynch on. Seriously. Biggest guy and second oldest out there and was running circles around them. Ran the distance 2 or 3 times, and when I was qb i had the best stats of anyone else.

Dont remember the weights tonight except for the last set of front squats was 285lbs. Most Ive squated (front or back) since I started lifting again. Overall I was NOT feeling it tonight. At all. Last 2 sets of squats it finally came on. Did 265 & 285 as said above. That flag football did me in big time.

Rest tomorrow. Finally.

Last edited by Andrew Bell : 09-19-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #2394
Adam Carlson

Profile:

Back was feeling so much better, so I decided to gently test things out by doing extremely careful 1RMs. Feel pretty good about things considering I've been out for a few weeks.

Press 70 (forgot wraps on 75, could have had it)
Squat 130 (dumped 140 probably out of fear)
Bench 115 (PR, go figure)
DL 170 easy, 190 to knees and decided not to push it.

I did these in two sessions in between substitute teaching.

Now debating whether to redo my last 5/3/1 cycle or to plug I. These numbers instead. I'm leaning toward the redo. Thoughts?

Old 09-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #2395
Cody Lichtenwalner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Carlson View Post
Back was feeling so much better, so I decided to gently test things out by doing extremely careful 1RMs. Feel pretty good about things considering I've been out for a few weeks.

Press 70 (forgot wraps on 75, could have had it)
Squat 130 (dumped 140 probably out of fear)
Bench 115 (PR, go figure)
DL 170 easy, 190 to knees and decided not to push it.

I did these in two sessions in between substitute teaching.

Now debating whether to redo my last 5/3/1 cycle or to plug I. These numbers instead. I'm leaning toward the redo. Thoughts?
For gits and shiggles I plugged in my 1+ numbers into my calculator for my next cycle. It pretty much made my previous week 3 the first week which seemed like way to much especially on the 5+ sets. So I just followed the +5 lbs on upper and +10 on lower so I don't get stuck too soon. Even through the first week of the second cycle I can tell Im making progress. Hope Mr contractor doesn't get fired for leaning on his shovel before I can hit my goals. The project is supposed to last 9 more months so that's my window. Ill just bring my barbell to work on his last day and dead 500 then drop it on his toes.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:33 AM   #2396
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Blindness to science I tell you!! I have nothing more to say in the nutrition forum.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #2397
Adam Carlson

Profile:

Went out on a date with my wife and found an amazing shabu shabu restaurant. Google it, I think people will appreciate it So much meat! And plenty of carbs too

Old 09-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #2398
Cody Lichtenwalner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
Blindness to science I tell you!! I have nothing more to say in the nutrition forum.
Bill this is for you and the nutrition forum. NOT WFS!!

Old 09-20-2013, 05:28 AM   #2399
Darryl Shaw

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
Why thankyou, yet again Daryl, for posting videos of pullups done ****ty. It wasnt enough the first time with the russian girl.

Got any kipping weighted pullup videos for us?
They're bodybuilders not gymnasts. They have different goals and those goals aren't dependant on them maintaining perfect form.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #2400
Darryl Shaw

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew N. Casey View Post
huh? links? and pullups done what?
This is the thread Blair is referring to - link, and these are the offending videos -

11 Year Old Girl Does 21 Pull-Ups straight.

Amazing Girl Does 25 Pull Ups.

*All links wfs*