CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 09-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #1771
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:
Re: Sharknado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Lichtenwalner View Post
I have not. I think I will give them a solid try as I found a club with a rental range. Think ill shoot a couple big boys while I'm there too. I was looking at 40 just for a change since both my cz are in 9mm luger but after more consideration I think is rather have the same ammo across the board.

Side note, shoulder has been feeling great so decided to do military day for 531 with a dropped max weight . Here is my workout but I did 3+4 for last set. No pain. I'm so stoked.
This is smart. Little is bought by increasing caliber in service cartridges. Many other things come into play before caliber matters.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #1772
Cody Lichtenwalner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
This is smart. Little is bought by increasing caliber in service cartridges. Many other things come into play before caliber matters.
I get that. But I tell ya something I told myself id get a nice conceal carry compact next but after that I'm getting me a big *** revolver in .45

Old 09-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #1773
Pearse Shields

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Santos View Post
Damn, good work. Why can't you mix grip on Sumo?
The supine hand just feels retarded. I can't quite get it to feel comfortable. But, pulling singles my grip has not been an issue for a long time now.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #1774
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearse Shields View Post
The supine hand just feels retarded. I can't quite get it to feel comfortable. But, pulling singles my grip has not been an issue for a long time now.
That's good. I wish I could do that.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #1775
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearse Shields View Post
I work hard to keep a clean grip without flipping one of the hands over until Im around 80-85% of my 1rm.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #1776
Pearse Shields

Profile:

Quote:
Seriously. He should be a man about it. I hang the car seat on one end and have the other kid hold onto the other. Those front child purses are for sissies
Should have been overhead squatting for bonus man points.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #1777
Adam Carlson

Profile:

First time back in the gym since angering my psoas. Thankful for the deload week in 5/3/1. Definitely didn't move as well as I'd like to, but if felt good to be lifting again.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #1778
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
Andrew, I was doing deficit pushups on the handles of the KB but in a one arm pushup position and assisting with the non pressing hand.
translation "hey andrew, don't try it fat guy or you will fall and break your nose by punching yourself in the face with a kettlebell"

Old 09-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #1779
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

good morning ya'll. did a bunch of pullups, pushups, and ab wheels yesterday, then did a 5 mile hike with 75lb pack. this time i took a little rough trail instead of the dirt road. after that i had to go to town for a haircut and some grocery and grab dinner.

in other good news, today is my anniversary. no i am not home for it, but we shall celebrate later. 14 years. woohoo.

now i am going get some paperwork done and get my morning quiet time and devotions done after my coffee wakes me up a bit.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #1780
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Quote:
I get that. But I tell ya something I told myself id get a nice conceal carry compact next but after that I'm getting me a big *** revolver in .45
The main consideration for caliber comes when you can't use JHP ammunition. Even then shot placement matters most still. It is all a balance. I watch some of this guy's vids and he can run Glock or M&P equally well. Really pay attention to his ability to manage recoil and think critically if caliber is mattering as much as the fact he is plugging the target full of holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViJKRdnllNs WFS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88wNvRRKE04 WFS

He used to have an M&P vid up but I can't seem to find the one I wanted to see. Oh well. Austrian tupperware for you then!