CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Cole Jeffers

Profile:
Great Experiance

So far my Crossfit experiance has been great. I joined an affiliate a little over four months ago. I really needed something but its hard to find all of the things that make Crossfit unique anywhere else. The sense of community is second to none and the atmosphere of non-judgement is great. I wasn't sure that it existed.

I started at 353 pounds 6'1" and 32 years old. I had played sports in high school but that has been more than a decade ago. Along with a office job and sedintary lifestyle I needed to make a change or watch my health deteriorate further. It was one of the toughest challenges that I have encountered but a great experiance. The first hurdle to overcome was nutrition and how much it matters to the personal gains or losses that I wanted. After getting some basic information on nutrition from one of the trainers I felt better and saw a loss of 18 pounds in the first two months which was ok but the strength and endurance gains were much more exciting to me. Being able to string together 8 burpees before fatigue sets in was great. The next step was a two month nutrition challenge. It was actually a great experiance. I had never felt better the workouts coupled with the correct amount and type of food was great and in those two months I lost 27 pounds watch my endurance increase and my strength gains have been great. So for those counting 45 pounds in four months. And honestly I don't care what the scale says nearly as much as what my PR's do and the fact that I can actually run now is mind bogling.

Actual just did Crossfit total
920 Total
345 BS (PR)
155 SP
420 DL (PR)

When I started I had a 155 BS and a 245 DL, didn't record my SP.

This is by far one of the best decisions I have made with regards to my health and I am excited to see what new PR's I can make.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
Cristina Shorts

Profile:
Re: Great Experiance

Wow!! Those are some really great results! Congrats on your progress!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
Hector Gonzalez

Profile:

Awesome job! Congrats
Old 07-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
Joe C Thomas

Profile:

That's great man! I need to get to work if I'm going to catch up with your Squat and Deadlift.