CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 01-05-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
Patrick Johnston

Profile:
Over Christmas break I spent a couple of days at the CrossFit facilites. As usual, it was awesome. I wanted to share with everyone here something that I told Coach. He asked me to post it.
I use to work out (years ago) quite a bit and ate to get bigger and stronger. I got as heavy as 215 lbs. (significantly bigger than I am currently). I worked quite a bit on my bench-press and got as high as about 230 lbs. (don't laugh). This is not my best lift for sure. I have very long arms. However, after doing CrossFit regularly for about 10 months, a CrossFit workout came up that involved a 1 rep max on the bench-press. Now, I hadn't done any 1 rep max on bench since my old lifting days. The results? To my surprise, and to my spotters, I put up 270 lbs! Keep in mind that this was only due to the CrossFit regimine! I was doing no extra work on any lifts at all. In summation, I am much fitter, and much stronger due to this program than I have been in my life. THANKS CROSSFIT.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:18 PM   #2
Janet Fisher

Profile:

I went for a massage yesterday to the woman who has been my therapist for 2 years. I always updated her on my training, so knows that I started bodybuilding a year ago.

Yesterday (after 2.5 weeks of Crossfit), she said, "Wow, the results of your training are REALLY starting to show!" Yeah, baby!
Old 04-02-2003, 06:16 PM   #3
Scott Parker

Profile:
yeah, crossfit is amazing! i've been training for about 5 months with crossfit now and have seen amazing results. today i had a personal best on the bench press with 220. when i started i could do a little more than my bodyweight (weigh 168, 6'2'). i did this today after the WOD and a few sets of pu's and dips as a warm-up.

scott
Old 04-03-2003, 06:55 AM   #4
Patrick Johnston

Profile:
I did the same workout and put up 315 without any problem. I could have gotten 325 (which I tried on the second set) but I was a bit fatigued by that time. I missed it by just a hair. The point is, the program continues to produce awesome results.