CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 03-31-2003, 08:37 AM   #1
John Frankl

Profile:
I also recently returned from a trip to CrossFit Mecca. I cannot say enough about the generosity, enthusiasm,and professionalism of Coach and Lauren (and their very cool pooch!).

I should also mention that I stay in pretty good shape, but am often lazy about following the WOD. Old habits die hard and I am often content with a more traditional "Muscle and Fiction" type workout. Not any more! The first day there I went through a killer 800m--75# thrusterx21reps--21 L Pullupsx21reps workout. It took me over 12 minutes to complete (one Terminator LEO in the group did it in under 5!), followed by an additional 15 minutes of pre-puke salivation and coughing. The coughing continued for another 24 hours, after which I felt cleansed.

The succeeding days went a bit more smoothly. The body's ability to adapt is amazing, and one of Coach's greatest strengths is not to allow people to underestimate themselves and what they can accomplish. The CrossFit training center is a daily example of this: I encountered a 72 year old woman doing deadlifts, rowing, and bench presses my first day there and saw her there as often on the following days as any of the elite athletes.

Thanks again to Coach and Lauren, and it is a privelege to be associated with them and with all of you on these boards.

John Frankl