CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-09-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
Cal Jones

Profile:
Well here’s a weird one. I have developed classic symptoms of vitamin B deficiency: sore tongue, sores at the corners of my mouth – both signs of Riboflavin deficiency – and in June I also had palpitations and slight dizziness a couple of times which can also be signs of a deficiency in other B vitamins, mainly B12 (although I did have a bad case of cystitis which may have just run me down in general and caused these problems).
I don’t get it. I eat a ridiculous amount of green vegetables. I eat meat and fish, and nuts. I have some dairy. After getting sores at the corners of my mouth a while ago I also supplement with B vitamins, so I don’t get why this is happening. I’m not on any prescription drugs although I was on a week-long course of antibiotics last month for the cystitis. Any suggestions?
For the record, I’m female, 40, and living a fairly unstressed lifestyle (unless you count CF workouts!)
Old 08-09-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
Kevin McMillan

Profile:
ah female.... guess what... Bdef can just happen in some women. the only up side that supplementation is pretty easy, a bcomplex each meal and maybe a shot in the backside in the morning and tahts it. go talk to you doctor, although im sure you already have... if thats not an option tho, try a B50 or B100 complex from any drug market and take one with breakfast, lunch and dinner
Old 08-09-2007, 06:33 AM   #3
Jason Fryer

Profile:
I'm not an expert but did you take any sort of probiotic after your round of antibiotics? I try like hell to avoid any antibiotics because they aren't selective in what bacteria they kill, they kill it all. You usually get rid of the bad but your beneficial and natural flora get killed too.

You might be succeptible to certain things you were not before taking the antibiotics now that harmful bacteria don't have any healthy bacteria to compete with.