CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Bryce Horrell

Profile:
Anybody else get tired of it all?

I love to workout. Its ****ing the best feeling in the world but I get so tired of eating....

I swear. I dont want to eat anymore but I want my mass too. Its so draining to eat all day. I get tired of it. Just recently I took 3 days off of eating. I said **** it and I just threw out my meal plans. During that time I ate a lot of junk food, I was hungry a lot, but I felt free from cooking.

Damn
Old 11-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Jason Wallis

Profile:
Re: Anybody else get tired of it all?

That's why I decided that being fit was better than being "big." I worked up to over 240lbs by lifting heavy weights and eating... all the time. I got to the point that hearing my blender would cause a slight gag reflex. I finally got enough of it, started crossfit, and haven't looked back. I'm not as strong as I once was, but I feel eleventy bajillion times better!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

nope. i never get tired of eating. sure wish i had your "problem". trust me, this grass isn't any greener on the other side of the fence. i am one of those that has to really watch what i eat or i will gain fat quickly. i love to eat and even on unprocessed, clean food it is easy to throw back way too many calories. feeling like you can't eat and being hungry isn't any better than feeling like you have to.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Man I feel ya!! I dont care about gaining weight but I want strenth. I have put on about 5 extra pounds anyway from alot more strenth work.

That aside, I was just talking to a buddy about being sick of eating all the time. I done feel like eating and I am not hungry. But a couple of skipps here and there and my energy level is in the crapper!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

Lately if I'm not working or sleeping I'm planning, shopping, cooking or cleaning up after a meal. I'm not trying to gain nor lose weight, but just maintaining for my activity level is kindof a pain. I can't imagine having to count blocks or whatever hoodoo on top of it.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:

I feel your pain. Last month to break a slump I made sure to eat 4000 calories a day. I logged my food and ate like crazy. I ended up not gaining any weight and breaking a few PR's and felt great. But now this month I feel like I can't even eat 3 decent meals a day. Like I'm just tired of eating. But then you don't eat enough and bonk during wods, and don't progress, and generally suck.

Eating is way more fun if you are 1.) rich, 2.) go out to eat or have someone to cook and clean for you. 3.) can eat/drink whatever you want.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
Andrew Bell

Profile:

After doing a volume workout of 5x3 cleans at 87% of my 1rm i ate 6 drumsticks, 2 biskets, and a small cup of red beans and rice with a Dr. Pepper to drink from Popeye's.

After the 4th drumstick my jaw got tired of chewing. I can relate.....

Lol, true story.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #8
Richard Colon

Profile:

Anything in excess is bad for you, in so many ways - ANYTHING. It's all about moderation. If it all starts to feel to much, don't give in so fast and just really clarify why you are doing it. If even after that, it all feels too much, then its time for a bit of a reality check and restructuring of priorities.

Too much focus on any one thing only occurs when something else is sacrificed. All too often what is sacrificed is something that should go away anyhow, in order to achieve something else. In that case, grind through it and call it 'par for the course'. It's part of the game being played.

You just don't want to realize when its too late that you've sacrificed either too much or sacrificed the wrong stuff.

When all is said and done, you can't take Paleo, your barbells, your bumper plates, pull-up bars and GHDs with you. In the end, no one gives a $hit about your metcon times. Enjoy the journey or it all becomes a really pointless destination once you reach it.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
Claude M Crowe

Profile:

I have the exact opposite problem actually. I'm a huge foodie and live in a very good city for delicious dishes. It's a test of will power to not go to a different restaurant or food cart everyday.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

There's a Twisted Root burger place near my gym.
They have buffalo and kangaroo.
I never get tired of eating.