CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 12-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
Dave Stuart

Profile:
Hello crossfitters!

Hey guys. I just wanted to introduce myself here. I've been lurking a little bit this day and decided to join up. Why not. I could use some knowledge. I'm 25 years of age from northern VA. I just joined the Marine Corps and will be leaving in a few months or so. I've been in the local gym training and conditioning for about 2 years now. I was 6'1" @ 158lbs out of high school so I was a twig. I am now 6'1" @ 181lbs and I'm pretty happy with where I have gotten so far. The past few months I have been trying to learn some crossfit workouts. I've incorporated many of the techniques into my sessions and I'm getting better and better. I love it. I'm just here looking to push the envelope a little bit and learn new things from all of you so I can use it to better myself! I love a challenge. Not to mention I need to prepare to get pushed farther than ever. I have taken practice ISTs and they have improved. I was never really a good runner in high school I think I ran mid 7 minute miles struggling. Today I am down to a 6:00 mile and I feel there is room for improvement. 1.5m is at 9:45, but I haven't been running long distances so I'll be working on that. Thanks for reading and I look forward to talking with you soon.

Dave

Last edited by Dave Stuart : 12-01-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
Allyson Dill

Profile:
Re: Hello crossfitters!

Welcome to the boards! I'm sure you'll come to find that the CF community is very helpful and supportive of your endeavors.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:16 AM   #3
Dave Stuart

Profile:
Re: Hello crossfitters!

Thank you Allyson.