CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-19-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
http://www.timex.com/ironman/ova.html

Cool idea. Anyone seen one yet?
Old 05-19-2005, 08:27 PM   #2
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
No...but I love the idea and will get one because you can never have enough watches. I checked on Ebay and could only find 3 of them and they were all women's watches. The price on the Timex site is $75 but on Ebay I could get a women's watch in a color that would turn me *** (not that there's anything wrong with that) for as low as $42.99.

None of the local stores around me have it yet, it's that brand new. I won't go stand in line for Star Wars, but I just might try and be the first on my block with this watch. I balk though at buying it for $75 when I could probably get it for half that in a couple months.

Great idea, it is such an enormous pain to turn my wrist that extra quarter turn to see the top of my wrist instead of the side. Imagine the calorie savings, the avoidance of repetative injury problems from over turning your wrist, the lack of an obvious tripping hazard from looking at your watch in that awkward turning position when using the old school wristwatch design and most of all the redesigned band has extra breathability. I will be so happy to finally be done with my hypoxic wrists.

To determine the best angle for the display of our new high-performance wrist instrument, we studied the body in motion.

It soon became clear that the narrow inside-edge of the wrist is in the natural line of sight while running, cycling, skiing and lots of other activities.

By ignoring the convention of placing the watch on the wide, flat part of the wrist, we created a multi-function timepiece that is easy to view without turning the wrist and breaking form.

It might be the edge you need to move from second place to first. Or it could just be the most comfortable, ergonomically-correct and easy-to-view sport watch you've ever owned.

O.V.A (Optimal View Angle) watches are coming!
View all O.V.A Series (OPTIMAL VIEWING ANGLE) styles
Learn about the features

Old 05-20-2005, 11:41 AM   #3
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
Yeah, the idea is kind of novel. I would like to get my hands on one before buying it outright.

If I do get one you all better look out! I will be at the top of all the Girl's Lists due to not having to rotate my wrist, and lack of hypoxic wrist problem.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #4
Dan Silver

Profile:

Eugene-

You narrow minded views regarding seeing Star Wars pain me, greatly. I saw it opening night, er morning, and didn't have to wait in line one minute (unless you count the snack line). My formula was simple:

1- Wait at the bar until about 15 minutes before showtime.
2- Stagger over to the theater and grab a seat (there will be plenty).

Most fail to realise that, even if they wait in line for the best seats, they still will wait in line for the snacks. That throws off the whole game when it comes to finding seats. You just have to exploit that weakness.

-D.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:56 PM   #5
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Because my whole focus in Episode III will be to enjoy the eagerly anticipated and spectacularly brilliant acting by Hayden Christensen as Aniken Skywalker/Darth Vader, I'm not sure your pre-movie consumption would suit me. I want to perfectly alert and ready to swoon at his pithy lines and faultless delivery. I could still take advantage of the snack line diversion method for creating seat availability though, that is certaily workable. It sounds as though your suggestion is to go ahead and see the movie and wait on the watch.

I have kid issues and I am not in a big hurry to see this movie...or any other for that matter. It is likely I will wait a couple months for it to come out on DVD. For some things I have a great deal of patience...seeing movies is one of those things for which Job had nothing on me.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:36 AM   #6
Michael Rutherford

Profile:
Is this the next generation watch that Matt G turned me onto last season?
Old 05-21-2005, 12:36 PM   #7
Dan Silver

Profile:

"Pithy lines and faultless delivery." Nice.

Everyone's a critic.

-D.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:51 PM   #8
Matt Gagliardi

Profile:
Sorry Rutman, but I'm still saddled with the burden of the traditional watch face placement. The watch I recommended is the one that is currently weighing down my wrist in a decidedly non-OVA way. I'm sure, however, that investing in the OVA model will immediatly result in a 4-minute drop in my Fran time, catapulting me right up there with Greg A.

Ah, if only the UPS man would get here...
Old 05-21-2005, 12:53 PM   #9
Dan Silver

Profile:

"Saddled with the burden of the traditional watch face placement," is a line worthy of Oscar Wilde.

Good times.

-D.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:18 PM   #10
Michael Rutherford

Profile:
Thanks Matt!

With my 45 year old eyes I need all the assistance I can get.