CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
Paul Findley

Profile:
Note: I did not find anything very offensive here YMMV

Stripper FAQ

I am not meaning to offend anyone with this link, feel fee to delete or throw it in the bucket. I was sent this regaring the safety advice, which is interesting, but then I was compelled :blush: to click the "Tools of the Trade" link and low and behold...

<snip>
I do Ashtanga yoga four days a week, run one-day and weight training one day. The most effective weight training exercises for woman are squats, lunges and stiff-leg or sumo deadlifts. None of these lifts should be done on machines- free weights only. Machines are no where near as effective. Train heavy and train hard. Yoga and dancing are both very catabolic activities (they break down muscle tissue) you will not get bulky.

I use the following:
Squats 3 sets of 20 reps, 120 seconds rest between sets.
Stiff-leg deadlifts 3 sets of 10 reps, 120 seconds rest between sets.
Rest 5 minutes
Dumbbell lunges 4 sets of 12 reps, 90 seconds rest between sets
Hanging crunches 4 sets 90 seconds rest between sets

The squats should be to failure, it should be VERY hard to hit 20. Like having a baby hard. Squats will make a bigger change in your physique then anything else. When you do your yoga and running do it in the morning on an empty stomach. If you have a real fat problem an hour of running or jump rope a day before breakfast with a low/no carb diet can take of a lot of fat in a short period of time.
</snip>
Old 02-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #2
Jamila Bey

Profile:
Well, good advice. For a girl who wants to look as though she is "soft" with no muscularity at all, this is the way to go.

These girls make their livelihoods from their look...

Don't know if a pole requirement will fit CrossFit regs, but who knows?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
Paul Findley

Profile:
I have a pole, but it's mounted horizontally and 8 feet off the ground, does that count :-)

Get rid off all the rests, and do that 5 times for time. I don't know anyting about the yoga stuff.

Old 02-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
Jamila Bey

Profile:
Yoga- or anything like it- is ESSENTIAL to dancers.

It teaches to move fluidly, how to build strength so that one may hold... how do you say... interesting positions.

I studied dance for well over a decade (My stage mother forced me! And beat me if I didn't dance well.) and the truth is, ballet and yoga and the more lyrical martial arts like Akido aren't that different. Using the body to move in a manner pleasing to the eye while maintaing power and precision is pretty difficult to do.

Now, let's be real here- a cute girl removing her clothes is always going to have some purient appeal. But if one considers burlesque art, or the "exotic dancer" who entices as she performs rather than just bouncing around the stage (so to speak), there is an athletic endeavor going on. How the audience takes it is not for me to discuss in this forum.

***That was really hard to write while keeping G-rated!***
Old 02-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #5
Chris MacFarlane

Profile:
Had a tough week at work. Just want to say something positive.

Regardless of what training they do or choose, all women are beautiful in their own way.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:54 PM   #6
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
Much of what I read there was very interesting, and well thought out.

Here is another snippet about diet:

". . . For me carbs are the problem. The only real carb heavy meal I eat is breakfast, I usually have a bowl of cereal or hot oatmeal. Then with lunch slightly less, usually just a sandwich with some whole wheat bread. For dinner almost none, a very small scoop of rice or vegetables with a small steak or chicken breast. I avoid salad, pasta and other high-carb meals. I occasionally eat fried chicken or hamburgers, I just keep the portions very small and try to eat it early in the day. Avoid low-fat foods or at least read the labels carefully, they tend to have a lot of sugar and nothing gets you fat faster than sugar- not even fat. I also try and break my meals down into several small ones. "
Old 02-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #7
Tim Weaver

Profile:
I hereby volunteer my time to examine and document the training and results of the strippers in the Phoenix area.

Purely in the interest of science, of course.