CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
Jeff Enge

Profile:
Knee Sleeves

I've seen the Rehband ones around a lot - was wondering if there are other good options, and where's the best place to buy them.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Lucas King

Profile:
Re: Knee Sleeves

Rehband sleeves are great, I would get the older style blue ones though. I went through two pairs of the newer version (grey) in a pretty short order. Jackals gym is the best place to get them as well.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas King View Post
Rehband sleeves are great, I would get the older style blue ones though. I went through two pairs of the newer version (grey) in a pretty short order. Jackals gym is the best place to get them as well.
I have that site pulled up right now actually. I'll take a look at the old-style ones too.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Jon Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
I think Jackals is the only place to the get the older style blue ones, which I highly recommend if you are going to get a pair.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
Brian Liang

Profile:

There are also Tommy Kono Knee Sleeves.

I like Tommy Kono knees sleeves alot, really good to use when doing olympic lifts and squats.

However, I wouldn't use them for metacons, as your knee sweats like crazy just wearing them. So it kind of depends on what activity you are doing.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Michael Prather

Profile:

What about sizing for the sleeves? The site says to measure a part of the body which I do not know how to identify. Is there an easier way to figure out what size you need?
Old 08-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Prather View Post
What about sizing for the sleeves? The site says to measure a part of the body which I do not know how to identify. Is there an easier way to figure out what size you need?
If you look at the new ones it identifies which area you need - specifically 15 cm down from your patella, around the calf. Mine measured ~40 cm, so I got a pair of Ls because I'd rather them be a little tight than loose.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
John Drohan

Profile:

You can get the old style blue Rehband knee sleeves from Amazon as well. I've been using them since March and they have been a life saver.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Yep - get the old blue ones. I've had mine a couple years -- they are great (and legal in USAPL/IPF if you ever want to powerlift).

Let them air out after use - don't throw them into a closed gym bag or the trunk of your car. To wash, throw them in your washer on cold. Let them hang dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Liang View Post
There are also Tommy Kono Knee Sleeves.

I like Tommy Kono knees sleeves alot, really good to use when doing olympic lifts and squats.

However, I wouldn't use them for metacons, as your knee sweats like crazy just wearing them. So it kind of depends on what activity you are doing.
The problem I have seen with TK sleeves is that they rip pretty easily. I haven't see that issue as much with the Rehbands
Old 08-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Yep - get the old blue ones. I've had mine a couple years -- they are great (and legal in USAPL/IPF if you ever want to powerlift).
Actually ordered a pair of the old-style ones a couple days ago, they are supposed to be delivered today. Don't think competitive powerlifting is in my future with my build and where I am strengthwise at least now, but I train with an Olympic lifting team and I may give competing at that a shot at some point.

Quote:
Let them air out after use - don't throw them into a closed gym bag or the trunk of your car. To wash, throw them in your washer on cold. Let them hang dry.
They will be hung up post-workout with my stinky long socks and wrist wraps!