CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-16-2009, 06:38 AM   #1
Paul Sousa

Profile:
My Workout Log (I Suck at Making Witty Thread Titles)

So I started a Starting Strength thread a couple weeks ago or so, and even though it was working well for its intended purpose I felt the loss of conditioning was too great just two weeks in so I am changing things up. Starting today I am going to alternate a week of SS with a week of met-cons. Both will be MWF schedules. The reason for this is I have found I was giving up the things I was training for in order to train. Meaning I love playing soccer, basketball, going hiking, etc., but I found myself not doing those things in order to train and get ample rest. My goal with this schedule is to make smaller linear gains with the SS workouts (I am hoping 2# added to my squat each workout). If that works out it would equate to 156# in a year (obviously I am not thinking I will make linear gains for an entire year). I also hope to increase my performance in the met-cons (best Fran to date is 9:06 so I would love a sub 5min by year's end). But ultimately I hope to finally find a schedule that combines my love of heavy lifting, met-cons, and sports into a feasible package. Let's see how it goes!
Old 02-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
Paul Sousa

Profile:
Re: My Workout Log (I Suck at Making Witty Thread Titles)

Okay, so the first week wasn't exactly spectacular from a training perspective. Monday I was planning on starting, but my wife/training partner was just getting over a stomach bug so we decided to do a Tues/Thur/Sat split. Ended up skipping Tues to hang out with a buddy in order to get some old pics off his computer. We went Wednesday and did terrible with Fran. My pull-ups have gone to hell (no surprise since I haven't done any in a month or so). 10:33 later I stopped with a bad pain in my lower left back. I only finished the first round and a half. Not happy, but glad I have decided to get back into CF instead of doing a straight 3 months of SS. Thursday I did nothing. Friday I ended up getting a late invite to play in a soccer tourney so I jumped at the chance. Played four 25 minute games and we lost in the semi-final 5-4. It was great to be back on the field though. Today I'm playing hoops from 4-6 so that will be my workout today. Next week planning on a Mon/Wed/Fri split of SS. I'll also play soccer on Wed, hoops on Thur, and soccer again on Fri.

Oh, one good thing is in my quest to dunk again I was bale to dunk a shoe and a water bottle last Saturday!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Paul Sousa

Profile:
Re: My Workout Log (I Suck at Making Witty Thread Titles)

Back on main page CF now. It's just easier to follow then trying to make my own hybrid and stick to it. Did the CFT today and did the following:

Squat - 225, 245, 275(f)
Press - 135, 145, 155(f)
DL - 315, 335, 355
Total - 745

Ten pound heavier than my last one and my squats are actually legit now (depth was an issue before).

Also, my training partner (wife) scored a 330:
Squat - 100
Press - 75
DL - 155

She also went with me on Saturday for some Oly training that I got as a b-day present. I'm pretty sure I have the coolest wife ever.