CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
Kannon Smith

Profile:
Hello and please pass the kool aid

I discovered the Crossfit website at the end of 2007. I thought it looked rather amazing but I was hesitant somewhat because of fear as well as lack of knowledge. But during my Christmas break I was lurking this site like no one could believe. I watched every video and tried to soak up as much knowledge as I could, although I had yet to actualize anything I had seen. I watched craigslist in search of weight. I built a pull up bar that doubles as a squat rack, all in the hopes that when I got back to school in February, Iíd start working out. I convinced my roommates to build a gym in our dorm room, and when we got back to school in February it actually happened. Just about everything but a C2, a real GHD and a rope climb.
And so on the very first day of the second semester we did our first Crossfit workout. It was a max DL. And I stupidly threw my back out. So all of this planning and hoping and wishing had come down to me being able to hardly get out of bed for three weeks. But it was okay, I was still in love with Crossfit. I decided that because I couldnít lift I would instead focus on my diet. And so I started zoning before I even really started Crossfitting. But to make a long story short, three weeks ago we had spring break and with my week off of school I actually got to really start this. Hitting every WOD for three weeks straight has left me feeling amazing. I feel so much stronger in just those three weeks. And to top it off I made a drive to Santa Cruz yesterday to the grand opening of CFSC.
And that is why I made this post, to tell the CF community that I have really arrived. Because I saw the Crossfit community there in Santa Cruz yesterday. It was amazing. Like nothing I could have ever imagined. Crossfit is so much more than just a workout program. Or a fitness plan. Itís a family. So I just want to say, pass the kool-aid. I love you all.

Kannon
Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
George Mounce

Profile:
Re: Hello and please pass the kool aid

Welcome
Old 04-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Greg Leimbach

Profile:
Re: Hello and please pass the kool aid

Discovered CF by accident and was hooked by the "CF Housewives" video. Tried it and it liked it. I couldnt believe how sore my core was the next day, and I used an empty bar & lat pulldown after attempting a pullup !!