CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
Jay Roughton

Profile:
Cheat day!

Once again it is the 25th of the month. My day to eat whatever, in any proportion I choose. Started off @ 4 am with easter candy, frosted mini wheats, and double tall white choc. breve mocha. I'm still going strong at 20:17 hours, just had mango/habanero brat, soda, cookie, tortilla, vanilla soy over flax cereal, and if we get a call tonight anywhere near a grocery store I'm buying a round of ice cream for the guys! I almost didn't want to have my monthly cheat day today because I went to the Level 1 Cert @ Rainier Crossfit over the weekend and got a wealth of fine tuning points from Robb Wolf ( Crossfit Norcal ) on the nutrition aspect of Crosfitting. Tomorrow it's back to 99% perfection. Zone baby!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Jenna Dodge

Profile:
Re: Cheat day!

Oh, I don't know if that sounds delicious or revolting. Aaaaahhhhh, the thought of that much sugar makes my teeth hurt.

That's a great idea though, having a cheat day on a certain day of every month. Keeps you honest I suppose...
Old 03-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
Steve Ericson

Profile:

Jay, you better drop some of that ice cream by station 26 on your way home
Old 03-25-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
Jay Roughton

Profile:

Yeah, it's almost eleven pm and I feel sick...I only ate 6 spears of asparagus today. no fruit, no other veggies, i drank alot of water, but still, i have a headache & ate way too much sugar and a months worth of unfavorable carbs! I'm glad it's out of my system. We didn't end up getting any ice cream though, I felt too sick!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
Moran Bentzur

Profile:

Can you share any good tips from Robb?
Old 03-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #6
Jay Roughton

Profile:

Good tips on what? Nutrition is my thing for sure! I bought into the fact that nutrition was going to be the foundation of my crossfit career way early. Once I saw the dramatic results of following the Zone, CF Journal #21, for about 2 months, I knew it was going to be my bread & buttter, not literally! I follow that journal 95% perfect, then one day a month I allow myself to be drenched in carbs, whatever I want, as much as I want. I shed 25 lbs, my body fat is usually between 6 to 9%, and I crave sugar and white carbs, less and less every day. What's your motivation? I never thought I would have a six pack again, I do zone, I do 3 on 1 off WOD's from the website, and I'm working on an 8 pack. This is not meant to be bragging, it's just an example of how I found my motivation/set my goals.

Jay
Old 03-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #7
Moran Bentzur

Profile:

You wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Roughton View Post
I went to the Level 1 Cert @ Rainier Crossfit over the weekend and got a wealth of fine tuning points from Robb Wolf ( Crossfit Norcal ) on the nutrition aspect of Crosfitting.
I was just wondering if you would care to share these points with us here. that's all.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #8
Steve Ericson

Profile:

Glad to hear you are achieving your goals Jay! Thanks agian for causing me to think twice about crossfit and in the end embracing it.

By the way bro, share the wealth concerning the nutrition tips from Rob. If you don't just remember that I know where you work
Old 03-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #9
Jay Roughton

Profile:

I must have mis understood the question, I'll go through my notes and throw down what I gained from his lecture. Later 2nite!
Old 03-29-2008, 12:11 AM   #10
Jay Roughton

Profile:

"If you don't have your food dialed in, you won't survive Crossfit." These words are the foundation of what Robb Wolf tried to get across to us @ the level 1 certification held @ Rainier Crossfit over Easter weekend. Of course you can do the WOD's, eating what you want, when you want, but over a period of time, your times & scores will plateau, and you will never reach your full potential with scores, times, body composition goals, health, and overall fitness. Fitness being defined by the Crossfit model as; "Increased work capacity across broad time & modal domains." Crossfit's top tier athletes, are eating paleo (meats & veggies, nuts & seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar) foods in the Zone model of weighing, measuring, and counting all of your food intake. Robb reiterated the fact that CFJ #15 and #21 are great resources on this method. Nutrition should be the foundation of your Crossfit journey. One of Robb's answers to a question regarding artificial sweeteners, including "Stevia", is that they will disconnect the "Hypothalamus" nerve, and basically blunts fat loss. It puts up a road block in your system, and keeps you from attaining your body composition goals. Another good nugget was that carbs are like drugs, the less you eat them, the less you crave them. I can vouch for that! I have been 90% strict zone for 17 weeks, and I don't crave cookies, bread, pasta, etc...anymore. At the cert, we were told that Robb will be starting nutrition seminars, so look for one at the main CF website on the right hand column under certifications & seminars.