CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 02-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Hector Santiago

Profile:
Snatch Help/ Critique, the worst snatch ever.

the videos I got were my in my First Oly Lifting competition yesterday, I got a horrible Snatch although I made up with the clean and Jerk. my snatch 50 Kilos in a good lift, my clean and Jerk, 88 Kilos in a good lift.

my First Snatch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLY_Rcbz74I (WFS) (GOOD LIFT)

My second Snatch :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obGsDDazEN0 (WFS) (NO LIFT)

my third Snatch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_n6VCGz43s (WFS) (NO LIFT)

The Main thing I saw my self doing is my kness rolling in, I Didn't know that I am actually rolling my kness in until I saw my self in the Video, that might be the reason of why I suck at the snatch and also at my Over head squats. any Advice to fix this I will really appriciate it.

Yes I know I got the worst snatch you could ever see, And I look kinda funny in a singlet.

Lincoln I am working on my Clean and Jerk, I got up 203 Pounds but it was a no Lift because I had a Little elbow bent, so 2 judges gave me a red flag, But I am working really hard on leading with my chest instead of trying not to let my butt go up first, although No other guy in my weight class got that much weight up. as far as the jerk, since the last video that I posted, I worked on my foot work and there is the result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz5xU-Hflgc (WFS) My Third clean and jerk -91 Kilo attempt (NO LIFT)

SANTI

Last edited by Hector Santiago : 02-27-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Re: Snatch Help/ Critique, the worst snatch you might ever see.

Quote:
The Main thing I saw my self doing is my kness rolling in, I Didn't know that I am actually rolling my kness in until I saw my self in the Video, that might be the reason of why I suck at the snatch and also at my Over head squats. any Advice to fix this I will really appriciate it.
Hips were coming up faster than the shoulders too. Work on keeping the back angle constant as the bar comes off the ground.

You need to work on your overhead squats, concentrating on pushing your knees out. You need to do this until it becomes automatic.

Clean & jerk was much better technically than the snatch. You could set your back better at the start however.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Hector Santiago

Profile:
Re: Snatch Help/ Critique, the worst snatch you might ever see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Brigham View Post
Hips were coming up faster than the shoulders too. Work on keeping the back angle constant as the bar comes off the ground.

You need to work on your overhead squats, concentrating on pushing your knees out. You need to do this until it becomes automatic.

Clean & jerk was much better technically than the snatch. You could set your back better at the start however.
Thanks for the Advice Lincoln, I will keep working on it. After that competition, I really like the Olympic Lifting stuff. I placed second on my weight class, I am hoping to Snatch 185 Pounds one day when I get there then Snatch some more.