CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 10-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Jonathan Kung

Profile:
Stuff for sale

Based out of Houston, TX - Rx'd provides a one-stop shop for Crossfit equipment. The goal is to provide high quality, durable equipment at a price tailored specifically for the Crossfit community. Rx'd founders collectively have over 45 years of experience in the design, manufacturing and wholesale of fitness equipment. Our Houston based, 25,000 sq foot warehouse and position as a wholesaler allows us to offer crossfit equipment 20-50% off retail prices for all, and offers significant savings on shipping and handling for those close by.

Information deleted. Please read the site rules. We do not allow advertising on this board.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Michael Loucas

Profile:
Re: GetRx'd Crossfit Equipment

What is the brand of that GHD on your website? $320 isn't too bad of a price.

EDIT: Eh, it doesn't tell you shipping charges before the order is processed (At least for me). Gonna pass for now.

Thanks anyways

Last edited by Michael Loucas : 10-13-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Brian Hicks

Profile:

[quote=Jonathan Kung;995229]Based out of Houston, TX - Rx'd provides a one-stop shop for Crossfit equipment. The goal is to provide high quality, durable equipment at a price tailored specifically for the Crossfit community. Rx'd founders collectively have over 45 years of experience in the design, manufacturing and wholesale of fitness equipment. Our Houston based, 25,000 sq foot warehouse and position as a wholesaler allows us to offer crossfit equipment 20-50% off retail prices for all, and offers significant savings on shipping and handling for those close by.

You can visit our website at [

.... is your gear made in the US? If not, i'll pass......

Old 10-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
Jay Taylor

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Loucas View Post
What is the brand of that GHD on your website? $320 isn't too bad of a price.

EDIT: Eh, it doesn't tell you shipping charges before the order is processed (At least for me). Gonna pass for now.

Thanks anyways
The lack of a shipping quote is a deal breaker. Why would I want to give my billing info before I know the total price of my order?

Old 10-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Robert Ramos

Profile:

Be interesting to see the reviews of this site..let's see..

Old 10-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
Anson Castelvecchi

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: GetRx'd Crossfit Equipment

The barbell rack looks good, you just need to make a fatbar rack.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:33 AM   #7
Rich Case

Profile:

I bought some of their equipment, saw their ad in local craigslist, to stock up my garage gym. I'm probably one of their first customers in their Crossfit pursuit. I know they had their stuff made specifically for them in China. The prices were quite reasonable, and shipping for 730 pounds was about $150 from Houston to Dallas, unsure what your individual shipping prices would be. I dealt all through email getting a quote before having to provide credit card details.

Overall, you get what you pay for so keep that in mind. I haven't put all the equipment to the test yet, assume for a garage gym the quality will be sufficient enough. I bought a bar, 260 of bumpers, some KBs, matt, and some medicine balls. Having received the equipment I'd recommend to spend the extra money elsewhere on a good quality bar, and ab mats. The KB's are OK, but the handles are a little rough versus smoothed out.

Feel free to PM for pix or more details. Rich

Old 10-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
David Hare

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Kung View Post
Based out of Houston, TX - Rx'd provides a one-stop shop for Crossfit equipment. The goal is to provide high quality, durable equipment at a price tailored specifically for the Crossfit community. Rx'd founders collectively have over 45 years of experience in the design, manufacturing and wholesale of fitness equipment. Our Houston based, 25,000 sq foot warehouse and position as a wholesaler allows us to offer crossfit equipment 20-50% off retail prices for all, and offers significant savings on shipping and handling for those close by.

You can visit our website at Removed. We do not allow advertising on this board.

Can you provide examples to back up that claim? Based on the kettlebells and rings I just looked at they were almost identical pricing to fringesport, rogue, etc...

Old 10-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
Jay Taylor

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Case View Post
I bought a bar, 260 of bumpers, some KBs, matt, and some medicine balls. Having received the equipment I'd recommend to spend the extra money elsewhere on a good quality bar, and ab mats. The KB's are OK, but the handles are a little rough versus smoothed out.

Feel free to PM for pix or more details. Rich
How does the med ball compare to a dynamax or rage ball?

Old 10-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
Jim Denofa

Profile:

I may have to test out some of those med balls. My Dynamax balls are about done. I think 55 bucks for a 20 lb ball is pretty fair. About half the price of a Dynamax.