CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 12-19-2002, 09:13 AM   #1
Robert Wolf

Profile:
http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?s lug=rundie18&date=20021218

A few critical questions need asking here. When they say "they did everything right..." were they :eating a low fat-high carb diet, were they sleeping less han 8-9 hrs/night,was their training a constant load with little variation. if any of these is yes they were not "doing it right" and most likely they were doing all of these things. Yet another arguement for the crossfit WOL.
Robb
Old 12-26-2002, 03:48 PM   #2
Tyler Hass

Profile:
Doctors tell the rest of us to eliminate stress. It's no surprise that they're the ones having heart attacks. After a tough day at the hospital with little sleep and "fake" food, an hour long jog is just more stress on the body. Although it may feel rewarding afterwards, because you feel like you've done something healthy, I think it is just more stress.
Most medical schools do not require any courses in nutrition, or a cursory introduction at best. I'm sure even fewer med schools require any courses in exercise physiology or physical education. Hence doctors usually play it safe and recommend a low-fat diet and a daily "brisk" walk.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:30 PM   #3
Coach

Profile:

My bet's on hyperinsulinism induced atherosclerotic disease.

Bad carbs got them.