CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Bob Perkins

Profile:
bulgarian bag weights

Looking for some advice on what weights I should make my bulgarian bags. I was thinking one would be about 35 - 40lbs and maybe make the other about 70lbs. Any advice from anybody that has made and/or used one to train would be appreciated. My current job has me working 60+ hrs per week and my garage is packed with stuff, so I don't have access to my power rack and weights. On a brighter note, I've almost finished a dragging sled and am in the process of braiding a climbing rope from one of the threads I found here and will be starting a set of rings very soon. Now I don't know if this would be a good place to ask this, but since I really can't use my garage at this time I thought I'd use a combination of the crossfit bodyweight resource and some work with the rope and sled. If anyone could suggest a way to follow the basic idea of the wod, but using the few things I currently have available that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bob
Old 09-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
Patrick Hoolboom

Profile:
Re: bulgarian bag weights

I made mine 30# and 60#. It works out pretty well.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Bob Perkins

Profile:

Patrick, that's cool, I think that's what I'll do for mine and make a 100lb sand bag as well. I'm going to braid my climbing rope tomoorrow too.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:46 AM   #4
Bob Perkins

Profile:

Well, took the grand kids out to the local park to get the sand for my bulgarian bags and my sand bag, what an adventure that turned out to be. filled a couple of 5 gal buckets with sand and loaded an old inner tube with what I thought would be a good amount of sand for the bag, then I loaded everything on to an old folding luggage handtruck to haul it all out of the woods. Turned out to be a workout all by itself. I get home and decided to weigh the bag to get an idea of it's weight and the beast was 85lbs, so I made that my sand bag, actually it's more like a pill, didn't take much to bring the weight up on that bugger. It's surprising at how little sand it takes before things get pretty heavy.

Have a good day all!