CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 03-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #41
Laura Bogardus

Profile:
Re: Bilateral Knee Replacement

Thanks Karen! Just did 16.2. Stopped at the 105 #. Too afraid to even attempt it due to my shoulder. I really wanted to try one, not worth the potential pull. The weight is also probably to heavy for me right now. But, loved the wod. My advice is have someone change the weights for you. That worked great for me. I'm thankful for the help. And just keep going. Not sure, but may do over. You're gonna love this wod. Oh and break up the sit-up rhythm in your head and go faster. Have fun!
Old 03-06-2016, 07:15 PM   #42
Karen Hayes

Profile:

Hi Laura-
I'm one and done too. I did it scaled and got 5 reps shy of finishing. Those 105 squat cleans were doable but tough!!
Next year, we both get our ducks in a row (for me better at DU's and TTB), get healthy, and attack the Opens RX.
Good luck with the next 3!!!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:58 PM   #43
Laura Bogardus

Profile:

That's wonderful Karen! While, my shoulder feels better now. It's that wanting to do something that I'm not ready for that gets me into trouble for an extended period of time. Yes, next year is our year. Because of a buddy, I finally have my own rope. So, I'm going to work on those double unders with you. Let's finish this year strong and enjoy what we can do. Next year----watch out open cause Karen and I are taking it up a notch or two!! Good luck to you for the remaining wods. And good luck and have fun to all those participating in the open!
Old 03-06-2016, 11:12 PM   #44
Laura Bogardus

Profile:

That's wonderful Karen! While, my shoulder feels better now. It's that wanting to do something that I'm not ready for that gets me into trouble for an extended period of time. Yes, next year is our year. Because of a buddy, I finally have my own rope. So, I'm going to work on those double unders with you. Let's finish this year strong and enjoy what we can do. Next year----watch out open cause Karen and I are taking it up a notch or two!! Good luck to you for the remaining wods. And good luck and have fun to all those participating in the open!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #45
Laura Bogardus

Profile:

16.3 was challenging with the snatches for me. I feel blessed to have gotten the rounds I did. I suck at chest to bar jumping pull ups. As for today 16.4, rowing and wall balls and then push press---oh boy! Not gonna do that over. Do overs are kind of out of the question for me nowadays. It was challenging and yes, I loved it! Glad, I'm done. Looking forward to 16.5! Bring it!
Old 03-21-2016, 12:35 PM   #46
Laura Bogardus

Profile:

Feeling blessed! After 90 -- 18 inch box jumps in the wod today, I tried and completed about five 20 inch box jumps. Wow!!! I will incorporate them in my practice before I cut loose on them in a wod. I'm happy, happy, happy! Springing into action
Old 03-28-2016, 11:50 AM   #47
Laura Bogardus

Profile:

16.5 done!!!! Well this was a BIG blessing. In 2014, I did this and it wasn't too pretty since my new knees were about 19 months old. But, today, I think close to six minutes faster!!!! 15:07 Feeling blessed and fit! Next year looking forward to better shoulder mobility so I can go RX!!! Watch out 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone had fun with the open.