CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
Bob Schinder

Profile:
Concept 2 Model D PM3 price question

Is $800 for a brand new model D PM3 a steal or just a good, fair price?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
Michael Houghton

Profile:
Re: Concept 2 Model D PM3 price question

Read the post wrong. Sorry.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Todd Martin

Profile:

Bob,
I feel that is too high for a model D unless you really have to have it. I know when we feel we need/want something we are not willing to wait and will pay more than we should. I have seen others pay $800 for a model D but I know I would not. Even if the rower is barely used I still feel that price is a little high. However it seems there is always someone out there willing to pay a high price.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
Judd Shea

Profile:

I have been emailing a guy on craigslist for a week now and he has his priced at $850! He won't budge on the price at all, yet it's been on there for over a month now. He keeps telling me that he could get at least that on ebay. It's 4 years old too.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
Todd Martin

Profile:

Judd,
Be patient and eventually you will find one much more reasonably priced. We had someone in this area asking $1000 for a model E with 250,000 meters on it. After a month he relisted it at $800 firm non-negotiable. I can tell you that it is still too high and I will be interested to see how long before he drops the price. I have been watching the used C2 market and $750 for a practically new machine seems to be the high end of what the rowers (usually models D or E) will sell for. If you keep looking and are willing to travel you will find one. Just be persistent!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
Judd Shea

Profile:

I just keep seeing people on here getting VERY lucky with sub $100 c2's. I'll take one for under $500, lol. I expanded my craigshelper search to 250 miles and there has only been 2 listed in the past month
Old 04-15-2009, 08:17 AM   #7
Mark Griffith

Profile:

I just paid $761 for a model D on Ebay. I will pick it up. I could not wait any longer!
I had bid on two others only to be outbid at the last minute. Another guy wanted $170 to ship!

The way I look at it I saved $200 over a new one delivered.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
Greg Hammond

Profile:

Just so you guys know a brand new Model D w/ PM3 right from us here at Concept2 is $900 plus $40 shipping so $800 doesn't sound like a killer deal. As always if you have any questions and want a straight up honest answer feel free to contact us right at C2. If you find a good used Erg and need parts or just info that is cool too. See you at the games. - Greg
Old 04-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #9
Terry Dickman

Profile:

The original post was asking if the price was fair for a new Concept 2. For new I think that is definitely a fair price, last time I checked Rogue Fitness had the best price. If you listened to Bill Henninger on CFR this last weekend he mentioned you should ask for a discount if its from a vendor as they are not allowed to advertise any price below retail, if you ask you might get a discount, specially if you are buying other equipment.

I searched for months for a used D2 with a PM3, if you live in a more rural are like me they are very hard to come by. I was ready to pull the trigger on a new one, but got lucky the day before I was going to order a used one popped up on Craigslist in my area. I responded to the seller within in 30 minutes after the post, arranged the deal by phone and negotiated a price of $600, the thing looks brand new as the owner had it for one year and she was 65 years old.
She mentioned she had a ton of calls after she spoke with me, just glad I got there first.

By the way, in my opinion anything more than $700 in my opinion is too much for a used. I would rather pay a few hundred more for a new and get the warranty, peace of mind etc.

If you order new I would check out Rogue Fitness, my affiliate and myself have been ordering from them and are very happy, great customer service.

Last edited by Terry Dickman; 04-15-2009 at 11:40 AM..