CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
Dakota Smith

Profile:
New Supplements/ And Moving On!

So after a month or so on Nitrean+, Results, and my fish oils. Im pretty impressed! I PR'd my deadlift and I'm now at 235# on a 3 RM. not too shabby. but I made a mistake on building muscle and size. I took on a half marathon challenge and training for a sub 18 min 3 mile. Work purposes! I absolutely love this whole endurance type thing more than ever now. I am getting stronger but finding it harder to recover from such activity. I am looking to try some new protein supplement as well as an actual liquid fish oil. Would beta-alanine combined with hmb be beneficial or would just creatine monohydrate with my protein shake be better. I am trying to experiment with a few of these supplements. Any recommendations on mom and pop companies that arent heard of? I like supporting small companies!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Dakota Smith

Profile:
Re: New Supplements/ And Moving On!

or maybe adding glutamine and arginine. which supps would be the best for recovery and muscle/joint soreness?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
Kevin Bowman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Smith View Post
So after a month or so on Nitrean+, Results, and my fish oils. Im pretty impressed! I PR'd my deadlift and I'm now at 235# on a 3 RM. not too shabby. but I made a mistake on building muscle and size. I took on a half marathon challenge and training for a sub 18 min 3 mile. Work purposes! I absolutely love this whole endurance type thing more than ever now. I am getting stronger but finding it harder to recover from such activity. I am looking to try some new protein supplement as well as an actual liquid fish oil. Would beta-alanine combined with hmb be beneficial or would just creatine monohydrate with my protein shake be better. I am trying to experiment with a few of these supplements. Any recommendations on mom and pop companies that arent heard of? I like supporting small companies!
Small company
Supports CrossFit
Impeccable Customer Service
http://www.atlargenutrition.com/products/resultsbr (Work Safe)
Contains HMB, Beta-Alanine, and Creatine.
The fruit punch tastes like KoolAid.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Smith View Post
You know the fish oil pill is actually liquid fish oil... right? That's what a gel capsule is.