CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 11-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Stephanie Olah

Profile:
Level 1 Question

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm even "allowed" to ask this but I don't think its a problem. If it is I can take the thread down. I'm studying for my level 1 cert and in the training handbook page 26 they have 4 sample questions. I answered them then asked two coaches and we l had different answers which is terrifying me now and it doesn't give the right answers haha.
I was wondering if you had the actual right answers to help me out and put me at ease.

Also, what's the best way of preparing for the questions with pictures? As number 4 on the page 26, it's hard to tell what is going on.. Any tips for the pictures?
Old 11-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
Philipp Lendner

Profile:
Re: Level 1 Question

Most important thing for the L1 test: DO NOT FREAK OUT. This is a test, but it is one that is not meant to make people fail. If you read through the Seminar Guide and listen to the coaches you should be OK. If you do not do that, well, than nobody can help you. You did that (reading) and because of your post, I do think you are going to listen during the course.

The biggest risk I see is that one might think waaay too much about the questions. If there is an obvious answer, take it! This is especially true for all questions with pictures.

To your question: I hope both of us have the same version of the handbook (mine is 1.5 years old, so I am not sure, it is version 7.0). Your question seems to be about the medball clean picture. The cue shown in the pic is clearly explained during the seminar, and is used for answer a) (hips).

Hope this is clear enough.

For further questions send me a PM. Please declare that here because I normally do not check for that.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:20 PM   #3
Stephanie Olah

Profile:

Thanks so much for the reply you really put my mind at ease. I definitely overthink things, and the test isn't for another month 1/2 I feel good already.

And for the record, I also said hips. They said "curling the ball" and for the second question I said variance and they said functional movements but I'm 99% sure I'm right haha. I'll just keep studying and try not to worry so much.

Thanks again
Old 12-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #4
Maurice Mayfield Jr

Profile:

Use YouTube a lot of great Info on there LOTS!!! use it watch Dave Castro on programming and just have fun when your there it's awesome!
Old 12-03-2014, 11:34 PM   #5
Chris Jones

Profile:

IMO the test is not at all as hard as some people make it out to be. I realize that some people are better "test-takers" than others, but to me the exam was really straightforward. Only one or two of the pictures were sketchy, and most of the worded questions were explicitly covered in the training guide AND covered again in the lecture during your certification. Just pay attention and have fun.