CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 04-30-2007, 02:51 AM   #11
Cal Jones

Profile:
The one thing with those "portable" CF workouts is there are a lot with pull-ups. Most hotel rooms don't have a pull-up bar and they tend to get a bit upset if you break the wardrobe rack or the shower rail. :P
Old 05-01-2007, 08:42 AM   #12
Larry Cook

Profile:
Good suggestions all .. I really like Larry L's version of stair running and BW exercises. While traveling, I have used all the standard BW routines push ups, burpees, sit ups, air squats, pistols. I have also done box jumps on coffee tables (you'd be surprised how sturdy some of the hotel furniture is).

I would also add a plug for all the CrossFit affiliates. Check to see if there is one anywhere near where you are going .. you'll meet the nicest people.

Have fun.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #13
Scott Parker

Profile:
Prison Workout, 20 Rounds:

20 burpees, followed by 19 burpees, 18 burpess, 17 burpees, all the way down to 1.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #14
John Frazer

Profile:
I second the use of the stairwells. Figure out how many pushups you need to do, and divide by how many floors you need to climb...

Even a lousy hotel gym may have dumbbells. Try a countdown ladder of man-makers and situps.

Of course if you're at the Milwaukee Hilton you're out of luck, because they keep the dumbbells in the one part of the room where a tall person can't lift them overhead without punching out ceiling tiles. Worst "gym" I've ever seen.

Find a local park and do pullups on the monkey bars or soccer goalposts.

John
Old 05-14-2007, 12:37 AM   #15
James Mathers

Profile:
Find a Walmart and invest in a basketball, a 30# bag of playsand, and some epoxy. I cut a slit in the ball, use a half of a waterbattle as a funnel and pack that b'otch with as much sand as possible. Stuff a few plastic bags in there to fill up what's left and epoxy the hell out of it. Instant Medicine ball. Carry it up the stairs overhead, one handed. Buy a 35# db from the same walmart and do swings. I hae one sitting in my hotel rrom now. All together I paid around 30 dollars and have a gym in my room. Plus parks and local playgrounds are great.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 PM   #16
John Milgram

Profile:
James - You could go to a supermarket and get a giant watermelon for WallBall shots, and when you are one rep short of totally wiped out, you could do a slam. Just not in your actual hotel room!