CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 12-31-2002, 10:29 PM   #1
Scott Parker

Profile:
i'm curious. since i am going to start following crossfit wod's, is this all i should be doing, or should i supplement it with additional cardio and weight training? (honestly, it's hard to stand up after some workouts!) i would just like to know what other people out there do and what they have to say about this question.

scott
Old 01-01-2003, 08:33 AM   #2
Coach

Profile:

Scott, the WOD should be supplemented with either serious sport or recreational, i.e., fun athletic activities.

If you are involved in a sport, that sport will round out your efforts. If not flirt with as many other games and sports as time and interest will allow: tennis, basketball, softball, mountain biking, boxing, etc.

Your sterngth and conditioning needs are being met by the WOD.

Coach
Old 01-01-2003, 08:16 PM   #3
Scott Parker

Profile:
coach,

i'm an ice an alpine climber who tries to get out on ice or rock at least one or two days a week. i'm really psyched to have found crossfit and wish i would have had these workouts when i lived out in colorado. i don't know of any alpine climber who knows about crossfit. i think the workouts will benefit my climbing a ton in terms or overall performance, because in alpine and ice climbing you can't just be strong, but have strength endurance. thanks!

scott
Old 01-02-2003, 02:24 AM   #4
Scott Parker

Profile:
coach,

also forgot to mention, that along with my regular weight training that i used to do before i found crossfit i would also practice yoga twice a week and take a spinning class once or twice a week in addition to the climbing.

scott