CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #261
Chris S Odell

Profile:
Re: Gym bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Denny View Post
I found a new Datsusara Light Gear Bag, still had all the tags on it. What a fantastic bag. It really puts my other bags to shame. Worth every penny. In the center section I store my leather powerlifting belt, my nylon weightlifting belt, foam roller, towels, and my Adipower lifting shoes, wrist wraps, knee sleeves, lifting straps, etc. One end pocket has wrestling shoes, the other end stores my jump ropes, socks, and gloves. Its a sturdy, spacious, bag. I cannot imagine how much I could fit in their Pro bag.
Glad you found one, I hope it serves you well for many years to come
Old 03-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #262
Snir Golan

Profile:

not sure if this is the right place but i figured i would ask. any chance anybody here is interested in a trade, i am looking to trade my Datsusara Gear Bag Core for a Datsusara backpack (either Battlepack Core or Mini). i would love to own both but i recently spent way too much money on other gear so unless i can find a good deal on a backpack, the other bag has got to go.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #263
Chris S Odell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snir Golan View Post
not sure if this is the right place but i figured i would ask. any chance anybody here is interested in a trade, i am looking to trade my Datsusara Gear Bag Core for a Datsusara backpack (either Battlepack Core or Mini). i would love to own both but i recently spent way too much money on other gear so unless i can find a good deal on a backpack, the other bag has got to go.

feel free to post this to our FB page too if you haven't gotten a taker yet.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #264
Chris S Odell

Profile:

I hope you guys are still enjoying the bags. I'm trying to get them in some CF stores around the UK too for those of you out there.

Curious how many of you have tried the Mini Gear Bag, we really made that one for the CF crowd but i think the Core is still more popular with most it seems.

Thanks again for the support.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #265
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris S Odell View Post

Curious how many of you have tried the Mini Gear Bag, we really made that one for the CF crowd but i think the Core is still more popular with most it seems.
can't say that i am surprised Chris. myself and pretty much every other CF'er that i know packs just as much stuff as an MMA practitioner. weightlifting shoes, wraps, knee sleeves, change of cloths, tape, rope etc... i know that even my gear bag core was almost fully packed on days where i had to shower at the gym so i can go straight to work.

on a side note, I just got my Battlepack Core to replace my regular gear bag Core and i gotta say that i am VERY happy. this battlepack is awesome!! so comfortable and even fully packed i have room for more. it also looks pretty good and i can see myself using it for everything and not just CF.

can't recommend this bag enough!
Old 06-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #266
Chris S Odell

Profile:

Thanks Golan, great to hear that about the Battlepack Core and thanks for the info on the size of the gear too. I have only done a few WODs so I didn't bring as much gear as you hard core types
Old 06-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #267
Scott Walters

Profile:

I just recently got a mini. For me, it's perfect. I really only out in one pair of shoes and a pair of shorts/t shirt in the main compartment, and it's fine (or a gi jacket and rash guard for nights of jits). The sides have a massage ball, jump rope, stretch band on one side, log book, pen and sometimes iPod mini on other side, drink bottle, shaker in mesh pockets, and bits and bobs in front (tape, phone, wallet, ear phones, breath mints etc). I love it for what I do. Very good size and quality
Old 07-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #268
Chris S Odell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Walters View Post
I just recently got a mini. For me, it's perfect. I really only out in one pair of shoes and a pair of shorts/t shirt in the main compartment, and it's fine (or a gi jacket and rash guard for nights of jits). The sides have a massage ball, jump rope, stretch band on one side, log book, pen and sometimes iPod mini on other side, drink bottle, shaker in mesh pockets, and bits and bobs in front (tape, phone, wallet, ear phones, breath mints etc). I love it for what I do. Very good size and quality
Good to hear that Scott, love the Rollins quote too, not sure if you know this or not but he owns a few of my bags as well, super good guy.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #269
Snir Golan

Profile:

Chris, can you recommend a place that does custom patches other than Mutiny Shop? i like their price but i don't like the way the patch looks in Vinyl so i am looking for something a bit cleaner looking.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #270
Chris S Odell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snir Golan View Post
Chris, can you recommend a place that does custom patches other than Mutiny Shop? i like their price but i don't like the way the patch looks in Vinyl so i am looking for something a bit cleaner looking.
not right now as most places won't do a one off patch. there are a bunch of places online for embroidered velcro backed patches but they have a high minimum order usually, if you find one that doesn't please let me know. Keep in mind...

Datsusara bags can fit flag size patches up to 3.5x2" and name tapes up to 5x1"