CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 05-23-2006, 04:19 AM   #21
John Velandra

Profile:
Passed it on... I'll let you know who're takers. The only problem I see with broken sets is with that in mind, alot of people can do - are doing - 65 in their workouts. Maybe make it alot more for broken sets??

Already passed it on to abby.:lol: I know she's game.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:26 PM   #22
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
In my effort to be inclusive as possible here (let's face it 65 pullups is not all that common an ability)I wanted to have a B list for those that get in 65 in a singgle session with a minumum amount of time off the bar and as quickly as possible. The focus for them is to get to 65 faster than they ever have before which is certainly a feat in itself. Aside from Kelly Moore there may be no other women to whom this competition is accessible so this is just my way of increasing the pullup ability of a broader range of CrossFitters.

OK look Ken, I know I haven't gotten any big ticket items lately but I had to spend over $400 on the treadmill repair, $24,400 on the MINI we got through Ebay, $300 on my random orbital polisher and fancy schmancy waxes and polishes and clean up stuff for the MINI...oh, I did get those Vibram shoes that fit over your toes and I use those in the gym and I made a clock on a stick with a ground tamper thing and a small swim clock. I'm not slacking here really. The gym is not neglected.

Tanya is here and John Delgado too. We're going to do Me Love You Long Time.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #23
GEORGE FISH

Profile:

I will give this a shot, sounds good.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #24
Craig Van De Walker

Profile:
Eugene,
I think that instinctively it seems like more with two would make more with one but I keep thinking about the difference between Tom Platz and Fred Hatfield.

If I remember correnctly Tom could do 20+ reps with over 600 lbs, Fred could squat over 1,000lbs. Neither could do the other, cause they trained for their specialty.

Granted there is crossover, I just am not sure how much. I am not an easy gainer and have been working toward a one armed pullup for over two years now.

I am not saying I wont throw in for 65, I just have to work things out to see how much recovery ability I have. Heck I still have not made the 15 min sandbag mile or the 15 reps BW OHS marks yet.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #25
David S Keisler

Profile:
Im still waiting for the muse to hit me to rev it up again & start seriously on the 65 PUs ... that was pullups & not Pilsner Urquells rigth?
Old 05-25-2006, 01:47 PM   #26
Chris Jordan

Profile:
I made another change to my pull-up bar that I think is worth sharing. I've been doing pull-ups on a 3/4" bar. I noticed I was hanging from my fingers, not holding with my hands. I swapped it out for a 1" bar and find that I can now grasp the bar more comfortably. I'll work with this setup for at least a week before I make my final decision but at this point I think it's more comfortable. I'll probably know by Saturday when I try for 30.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #27
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
A Fish doing pullups...gotta have that in the contest.

Craig - interesting comparison and I think I see your point. The one armed pullups are more of a pure strength effort while the 65 pullups is muscular endurance thing. Point taken, doing one might lessen your abiity to do another.

Pilsner Urquells. You just had to find a more pleasant alternative didn't you David? I'm throwing my back out with all the kipping and your just throwing back brewskies.

I think I like your way better but my muse has already spoken. I hope yours arrives soon.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:19 PM   #28
David S Keisler

Profile:
OK... the muse just hit me. Actually it was a negative muse. I did the obligitory 30 MUs for todays WOD about 6 minites SLOWER than last time therefore ? increased time is weakness entering the WOD .... I did MUs to help suppliment the 50 PUs for Eugenes last BDParty.. so THANKS to the MUSE of the RINGS & MUSE of the HORIZONTAL BAR... here we go!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:25 PM   #29
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:

1. Print this out.
2. Post it near your pullup bar.
3. Record you daily pullups.
4. May I suggest you do this frequently.

Last edited by Eugene R. Allen; 10-02-2007 at 08:41 PM..
Old 05-28-2006, 01:08 AM   #30
GEORGE FISH

Profile:

Nice! Thanks