CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:39 AM   #21
Helen M Brennan

Profile:
Re: Help keep me accountable

I hear ya!!

There are benefits in being 60+.. not many I grant you.
I am still on a high afetr the hardnUp challeng weekend before last. My team of masters -"Old Dogs" -entered in open as there was not masters section.. with the aims of finishing all 3 WODs, not coming last and having a great time.. I am delighted to say we achieved all three coming 45 out of 48. we were chuffed. The icing on the cake for me was in the team relay.. and first the very first time in my 60+ years i actually passed someone and she was about 35 years younger than me.. If i had had the spare energy/breath to howl my triumph i would have.. LOL

in between the open WODs we had the pleasure of watching the invitational elites compete.. it was a real treat.

H

H
Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
Scott Walters

Profile:

For those that were wondering......

Diet is still over 90% on track (a few small slips here and there, but mostly great). Weight down 10kg from new years day, as of today!. Clothes fitting me better than in some time (currently wearing a life as rx t that I bought last year but never fitted into), and shoulders getting bigger (not a goal, but a nice surprise).

On to my second week of wendler today, after some nice forum people suggested i might be under strong for my weight, with some short simple met cons after, so I am going to stick with this for a few months at least, as it seams to be helping and getting me where I want to go!

Thank you all for your help so far.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #23
Scott Walters

Profile:

Oh and burpees and stair sprints and hill sprints suck!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #24
Helen M Brennan

Profile:

well done.

H
Old 03-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #25
Helen M Brennan

Profile:

so Scott how are you travelling???
what progress???

helen
Old 03-11-2012, 02:24 AM   #26
Scott Walters

Profile:

Hey, thanks for asking. It's been going well. The diet went off track for a few days, but is back on track. Training has been good. I have not made it to the box at all for a couple of weeks, but have been at the other gym 4 days a week. I miss the people, but my body seams to be responding well to a strength session, followed by a short, sharp wod (10 mins or so), and some fasted walks most mornings. Feeling good, down a shirt size, getting stronger and not feeling beat up every day

Thanks again for asking, I really appreciate it
Old 03-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #27
Helen M Brennan

Profile:

sounding good Scott! i am will to bet then in 12 months you will be unrecognisable as your old self..

cheers

H
Old 10-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #28
Scott Walters

Profile:

BAH. I did my usual and let it all slip. Thought I would be ok doing my own thing. I was not. So back in the box. Any support is appreciated. Coming back sucks
Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #29
Scott Walters

Profile:

Hi guys,

Been awol for a while, but back training and back blogging about it. If you feel like supporting an old guy, feel free to message or comment any time!

http://bigchiro.blogspot.com.au/ WFS
Old 02-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #30
Helen M Brennan

Profile:

Hang in there.. you owe it to yourself

H