CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #11
Frank Menendez

Profile:
I must admit, sounds a lot more convenient. Except the amount of food one must consume at one sitting (i'm sure it's something you can get used to though).

Makes sense, it's not about the number of meals one eats but the total calories a day one consumes that determines whether or not we will gain or lose weight.

I currently eat 5 meals a day at 20 blocks total, but I think i'm going to start by combining two of my meals into one (snack at 2 blocks, last meal at 3 blocks into one 5 block meal). Let's see how that works out! It'll definitely be a lot more convenient.

(Message edited by frankm007 on June 09, 2006)
Old 06-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #12
Garrett Smith

Profile:
The bigger the meal in terms of block size, the more I feel pushed towards fruit to fulfill the carb blocks. I also calculate relatively exact block macronutrients per meal (ie. an 8 block meal is 56g PRO, 72g CHO, and 24g FAT, or 72g FAT on 3x fat like I am now). I don't like the "rounding off" block method myself.

I also felt the snacks were a pain in my butt and were training my body to constantly expect food (often observed as states of hypoglycemia when one doesn't eat "often enough" for what their body is "accustomed" to).

IF is more convenient, if nothing else!
Old 06-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #13
Frank Menendez

Profile:
Yes I agree about the convenience. I'm going to try 4 meals and see how my body reacts. With these 5 meals my body DOES expect foods ever 2 1/2-3 hours! not good.