CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 02-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #41
Chris Shearman

Profile:
Re: Bodyweight Workout Resource v2.0

This helps CF spread like wildfire- thanks!!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #42
Sam Trask

Profile:

I just came across this, nice work Shane! I have to travel quite a bit with my job, and this will really come in handy.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #43
Kevin Hickey

Profile:

this is an awesome resource. thank you
Old 04-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #44
Nicolas Scott Gruber

Profile:

This is fantastic. Thank you!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #45
Sean Lind

Profile:

Just awesome! this is extremely helpful, especially as a quick reference resource! thanks for taking the time and effort to do this.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:14 AM   #46
Peter Gering

Profile:

Thanks a lot for this, can't afford the gym membership right now. Really loved crossfit Milwaukee but if I can get some metcons in without paying for a membership I'm all for it. That's my weak point anyhow, my endurance is awful and I'm certain with good metcon's and keeping on the Paleo I can continue to lose weight and once I get back in the gym everything will be easier for me.. When your is weight 315 everything in a crossfit gym is pushing you to your limits(usually the warm ups have me ready to call it quits, since certain muscle groups get so damn tired having to control all that weight)Bear crawls destroy my shoulders... So my current goal is to get to 300 by May 15th.The more weight off my body the easier any bodyweight exercise will become. I don't imagine there are a lot of 300 pounders that can do pull ups or muscle ups, hell even squats will be that much easier...Jebus I can just imagine how much easier burpees will be once I hit 300 or even 275.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:01 AM   #47
Eileen Schreiber

Profile:

Thank you!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #48
Gaines DuVall

Profile:

Great job Shane. I am going to use these wods for the next few weeks while my discs recover. thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #49
Carlos Gato

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Skowron View Post
Well fortunately I have access to equipment and I own some, so I don't have to rely on this that much.

But if I didn't have anything, I would make sure to maintain the constantly varied part of CrossFit. It's tough to do when all you're doing is bodyweight WODs, but it's certainly possible.

It's very easy to take my list and pick random WODs and come up with really bad programming.

Consider these two splits:

Mon: Cindy
Tue: Angie
Wed: Death by Pullups
Thur: Rest
Fri: 150 burpees
Sat: Ryan
Sun: Murph

Mon: Run 10k
Tue: Cindy
Wed: Jumping pistols 5x5 (each leg)
Thur: Rest
Fri: Annie
Sat: 30 muscle-ups
Sun: 6-10x 100m sprints with full recoveries

See the difference?

In the first split, all you're doing is long metcons, way too many pullups and pushups. Not enough strength, not enough speed, not enough recovery. The WODs are all mostly oxidative in the range of 15-40 minutes. They're all great WODs, but in that setup, they're not.

In the second split, you've got a strength workout (pistols), a speed/power workout (sprints), a monostructural endurance (10k), strength endurance (30 MU), and work capacity (Annie and Cindy). The times range from 10-20 seconds in the case of the sprints and up to 40-60 minutes in the case of 10k run. You may be workout similar muscle groups back to back, but you're still giving them enough time to recover. In my opinion, that's a much better split for overall Crossfit-defined fitness.

So I wouldn't recommend picking WODs randomly, but giving consideration to the above.
Amazing job Shane! I just got back into crossfit again but unfortunately due to my current situation i cannot afford a gym membership and I'm currently in the process of saving to purchase some at home equipment.

So for now it seems like I'll be doing all BW CF workouts so if you could post more split examples that would be great as I want to stay true to the CF style of programming. I definitely don't want to get stuck in a bad program.

Again thanks for putting in the man hours to make this file for those of is who don't have the luxury of a home gym or affiliate membership
Old 06-03-2010, 04:28 AM   #50
Carlos Gato

Profile:

It's definitely confusing going back and forth between the new and old versions.

Can anyone help me build a good 3-4 week list of WOD's I'm so confused by the vast number of different ones. I tried creating a list to follow keeping in line with the ideals of CF but i think I have too much overlapping.

Any help please?