CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-25-2018, 01:23 AM   #621
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Thursday morning adn feeling quite good, wife was a little tired due to the fact that she went to bed late. So today we are going to work out together, the first time in 2 weeks.

Warm up
1km on the rower
extensive shoulder, lower traps warm up
and a general stretch to get going

this took 25min

Together again

So after a couple of trial runs to test it and set the height of the sadel.

3min AAB for calories
Total 71

Now the idea of this was to make the heart rate just shoot up and see what happens. I can tell you this hurt a lot more when you do this first. It took longer for the wife to recover on this.

10-8-6-4-2 - both complete all reps and alternate
Dead lift 40/70kg
Push ups

Farmers walk x 10 lengths - 1 arm KB in OH position
Wife: 8@12kgs, 2@16kgs/35lbs
Myself: 2@20kgs, 8@24kgs/53lbs

Ring row/pulls
10 x 5 reps each, both complete all reps and alternate

EMOM 7
2 reps - Clean & Jerk 30kgs/66lbs and 61kgs/135lbs

Cool down
20min stretch with focus on specific muscles

Wife was more tired after todays session but as i told her this is her 4th day in a row after being off sick. I was happy allround today.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:30 AM   #622
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and a little tired, not the body, just tired after sleeping really heavy. So today the plan is a partner workout and a long one at that . Working on those slow twitch muscles again.

Warm up
A mixture of everything today to get to ready for the plan. All in all we spent 30min stretching and warming up with all of the movements to really make sure we knew it was time to go.

Partner workout

35 min Row for max calories/meters

at the same time complete in total:

20 rounds (alternate after 2 rounds)
5 KB swings 16/24kgs
5 Push ups
5 Wall balls 6/10kgs
5 Sit ups
5 Box jumps 20/24"

Total - 442 calories, meters 7380m (quite pleased with the averages between us 12.6 cal/min 211m/min)

The 20 rounds were completed in 30:29

This was all about pacing and trying to keep the rounds as even as possible. We would loose a little in the change over on the rower but we tried to keep that to a minimum.

Cool Down
Wife went strait in her stretching

Myself - 3 wall walks, 4 Strict HSPU, 1 wall walk all felt really good. Then stretch.

So that was the end of another week, on a whole a good week for both of us.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:48 AM   #623
Alex Burden

Profile:

Saturday morning haven’t worked out on a Saturday for ages. Today was quite simple, 4km run. My focus was on pacing and breathing.

Previously I ran this in around 20min but that was 5 years ago.

Time - 21.05

I was quite pleased with this time as my recovery afterwards was a lot faster than before. Temperature outside was +2 centigrade/35 Fahrenheit with a slight breeze.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:32 AM   #624
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and feeling ok. Did not sleep as well last night for some reason. no stopping us.. still game on. Wife was tired today, i think she is still getting back into it after being sick for 9days, apart from that she was in a good mood.

The plan for today - Everything we hate

Warm up
1km row nice and easy
PVC pipe work and shoulder accessory work to really ensure they are warmed up.
general stretch to get the rest of the body going.

25min in total i would say.

Everything we hate

T2B/K2C - EMOM +2reps/min until failure

Wife - completed 16+16 = 88 reps
Myself - completed 12+13 = 55 reps

rest 5min

Wall balls - EMOM +5reps/min until failure

Wife - completed 20+17 = 67 reps (6kgs)
Myself - completed 25+23 = 98 reps (9kgs)

rest 5min

Burpees - EMOM +2reps/min until failure (new standard, 2 feet jump back/frontwards in parallel)

Wife - completed 10+10 = 40 reps
Myself - completed 12+13 = 55 reps

Each movement got worse as we moved on. The idea was to use the same muscle groups and see how hard this could really get.
Wife was most pleased with her wall balls as she used 6kgs and has never done that many before.
I hate T2B, i was still pleased with those but i would have liked to have completed the round of 14, so close. I was really pleased with the wallballs as this time round i made sure i completed the round of 25 which is an improvement of 25 reps in total as i completed 23 of the 30.

Cool down
Wife went strait into her stretching and also did some accessory work on her lower traps and shoulder blade rotation.

I did some BMU work. I am not getting up as easy as before so i worked on getting my knees and hips higher. This was also hard but it may have something to do with the work we did prior to this.

some wall walks and 2 SHSPU attempts, just got the first one but not the second.

Then a general stretch for me.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:16 AM   #625
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning and a little tired but this is due to sleeping well. Both the wife an I have sore quads from yesterday but we knew that was going to happen. All in all we are both happy.

Plan for today 3's

Warm up
1km row
Some PVC pipe work but not a lot
More mobility than stretch on our legs just to wake them up for waht was to come.

The Plan 3's
Squat 3,3,3,3,3..... take it as far as you like.

Wife - 15, 20, 25, 30, 34, 38, 39, 42, 45, 50, 50kgs/110lbs 883% of 1rm)
Myself - 20, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120kgs/264lbs (85% of 1rm)

We thought this might be hard today but after we started it felt really good and we both had the feeling that we could push it a little. Solid all the way today.

Push press/jerk 3,3,3,3,3.......take it as far as you like.

Wife - 15, 20, 25, 30, 33 pj, 35 pj, 38kgs/83.5lbs pj NEW PR in weight and reps
Myself - 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75 pj, 80 pj, 85 pj

Nice and strict from the start and when it got heavy we went over to push jerk but with as little help as possible. just enough help to get past the sticking point. Same here, solid all the way. Wife even did some presses from behind the neck afterwards with the barbell.

Cool Down
wife did some hip flexor work first

then a stretch for both of us 20min.

Very happy with today
Old 01-31-2018, 02:57 AM   #626
Alex Burden

Profile:

Wednesday morning and we are both quite sore today.. really need to wake those quads up. Wife was tired but happy .

Plan for today was pacing and being calm.

Warm up
walked for 5min on the treadmill at different speeds until we were both happy.

light stretch to get the legs going.

Pacing
20 min on treadmill (set to 1 degree incline)

Wife - 3.2km
Myself - 3.7km

The idea was to keep a nice even but comfortable pace. The sort of pace you can keep for a long time. If and when we thought it was getting easy we would increase the speed again.

C2 row 8 X 500m
1st 500m - No straps, 2 round with straps. The reason for this is to get the body and muscle memory going for great form. Try and keep it all consistant through the rounds. The good thing was that the run had already taken some of our energy. We used the same rower and rested/stretched while the other worked.

Wife -
No straps - 2.17.4
Straps - 2.18.2

No straps - 2.18.0
Straps - 2.21.1

No straps - 2.20.1
Straps - 2.17.6

No straps - 2.20.0
Straps - 2.18.9

The wife was quite tired during this. Here times are quite even over the rounds but when her technique failed her a little her times dropped a little. On a whoile she was please. Avergae pull rate 20-22/min

Myself
No straps - 2.04.1
Straps - 1.55.6 (+ 40Du after)

No straps - 2.03.7
Straps - 1.53.5(+ 40Du after)

No straps - 2.00.1
Straps - 1.47.7 (+ 40Du after)

No straps - 1.59.3
Straps - 1.47.5 (+ 40Du after)

Over the rounds it just got better and better. Technique was solid all the way through and my heart rate was quite low even after a 1.47. I was very pleased with this today.

Cool down
just a short stretch of the parts we did not stretch during the row.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:42 AM   #627
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thursday morning and boy it is dark at 05.00... loads of rain today. A little tired but on a whole feeling feeling good. My shoulder i have been having issues with over the past few months feels all of a sudden a lot better. Wife is in a good mood and looking for today

Warm up
1 km on the row, nice and easy 2min 30 pace with no straps.
PVC pipe work
A general light stretch and continue to warm up and set up with what was to come. There was a lot to get through.

35min in total today.

Chipper - just get it done.
No stress to get this done but once we start we keep going and try and keep a good pace.

1 - 5 Power cleans 20/50kgs
2 - 5 Chest 2 bar/pull ups
3 - 5 Box jumps 20"/24"
4 - 5 T2B/K2C
5 - 5 Push ups
6 - KB Swings 16/24kgs

Start with the first round movement Power cleans,
Round 2 is power cleans + C2B/pull ups
Round 3 is power cleans + C2B/pull ups + Box jumps

and so on and so on until you complete all 6 movments but then you start to work back down by removing the first movement and then the second and so on (as below). In the end you will complete in total 30 reps on each movement

1+2
1+2+3
1+2+3+4
1+2+3+4+5
1+2+3+4+5+6
----2+3+4+5+6
--------3+4+5+6
------------4+5+6
----------------5+6

The wife got ahead of me from the start on the power cleans as i did singles, in the back of my head i knew that a chipper is not one at the start but at the end. In the end she just beat me by 2 KB swings. Wife was very pleased with this today and had no problem with her pulse racing. I was also pleased with today, i kept the same pace throughout, T2B that normally kill me when i am tired were no problem and did them unbroken. I adjusted my grip on them and narrowed it to shoulder width, i felt i could spring back allot better and activate my lats more, no where near as tired.

a short cool down after this 1.5km on the rower nice and easy.

Then wife went onto some stability work.
Box pistol 5x2 reps on each leg
Glute contraction/stability 5x5 on each

I moved onto:
Wall walks x 3 with 10 second hold at top
Strict HSPU x 7 singles first and then 4 unbroken well pleased about that. First time unbroken and have never done this many any time before.

Cool Down
Wife stretched for 20min

i helped a guy with push jerk a little then stretched for 10min.

Great day today
Old 02-02-2018, 04:28 AM   #628
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and feeling well rested. Had no plans what so ever, just went with the flow today and in the end it turned out really well.

Warm up
1km on the rower - no straps
PVC pipe on the shoulders a little
very light stretch on the legs.

Here we go
Part 1 together complete

AAB - 80 cal legs only
AAB - 80 cal arms only

After this the shoulder and back were pumped so i thought... we are doing back today

Bench on a low incline facing down - shoulder press movement 8x6 reps
This really uses your traps and lats... gets them on fire.

Deficit deadlifts 2" 4x6reps wife 40/50kgs myself 70/90kgs
Deficit deadlifts 4" 4x6reps wife 50kgs myself 90kgs
Deadlifts 4x6reps wife 50kgs myself 90kgs

Focus on technique all the way. All of the lifts were solid, not even tired after all this.

Then onto something else..... push ups the reason for doing this was that we had done so much on back that this could balance it out a little.
Now the wife has only ever done push ups on her knees and has not wanted to try real push ups for the fear of failure as she thinks she is not strong enough, yet push ups on her knees as really easy she says. So today was the day..

Wife did a few few on hers kness just to warm up and then it was game on... just do one i said!! get in position, hold, do it.... bingo no problem, then she did this over and over again in singles, then doubles and tripples... in total 25 perfect push ups and she was worried about doing 1. The wife was so happy today.... she was beaming after all of them....

Myself- i did some small sets of 5, then 10´s then 15´s... i did more than 100 but i did not keep track, so 100 it is.

Cool down
Stretch for 20min and chat

and that was the end of a great week, back Monday
Old 02-05-2018, 05:03 AM   #629
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and tired. We did absolutely nothing this weekend and we both felt it today, to much sitting around is not good. Even though we did 2x1hr walks this is not enough.

Plan - build low slow and let it hurt.

Warm up
1km on the rower
PVC pipe
General lite stretch and then get the rest of the body going with what was to come.

Plan and pain

EMOM +1 rep on each movement every minute . until failure (Start from 1 rep each)

DB snatch
Burpee box jump over (new standard 2 feet jump)

Wife - round 5 + 11reps = 41 reps
Myself - round 6 + 13reps = 55reps

This one was hard to start with today. hamstrings felt it after a while. Wife is slower on the BBJO so she knew more or less how far she could get. I was pleased with my result but i would have liked to finish the round of 7 but i was 1 BBJO short. Going to repeat this again.

EMOM + 2reps every minute until failure

C2B or pull ups

Wife - round of 14 + 10reps = 66 reps (pull ups/assisted)
myself - round of 12 + 9reps = 51 reps

Wife did really well on this really kept fighting. The only reason she did not complete the round of 16 was that her hands started to hurt. I would have liked to have completed the round of 14 but i was getting gased on that round and did singles. I am still pleased with the result.

EMOM 10min

Min 1 = Air assault bike 10/7cal
Min 2 = Ski Erg 10/7cal

This was a good finish to today. Plenty of time to rest every minute meant we could really go for it. Got a sweat on after this

Cool down
clean up and a stretch for 20min
Old 02-06-2018, 02:45 AM   #630
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning and both of us are feeling good. Slept well, which always make life easier.

Quite simple today C&J

Warm up
5min on the rower
PVC pipe work

Then an additional 25min warming up with squats, shoulder presses, power cleans, deadlifts and loads more with low weights. The idea is just to get the body ready for what was to come. Lots of focus on speed and consistancy.

C&J - take it as far as you like
So we both started when we wanted and from there it was game on.

Wife:
20kg x 4
25kg x 4
30kg x 4
35kg x 4
38kg x 2
40kg/88lbs x 1 (95% of 1RM)
35kg x 1

Wife was solid on the lower weights and it got harder as she moved up. She did not remember her current PB which was good because this was not a factor when she lifted 40kgs. The only reason she did not go higher was that she was getting tired and smartly she decided not to take any risks.

Myself:
40kgs x 4
50kgs x 4
60kgs x 3
70kgs x 3
80kgs x 1
85kgs x 1
90kgs x 1
95kgs/209lbs x 2 (equal PR twice )

Things were good today, speed under the bar in the first pull was very sharp. No problem driving the barbell up in the front position. All of the split jerks was solid up to 85kgs. @ 90kgs i was not pleased with the split jerk but it was not bad so i could move up a weight.

I was not sure if my PR was 93kgs or 96kgs ( it turns out it was 95kgs) so i increased the weight to 95kgs. I was not pleased with the split jerk at all in the first attempt even if i got it up and was stable, this meant i had to repeat it... i do not move up unless the last lift is solid. Second attempt 95kgs/209lbs, quick under the bar, solid drive out of the hole, breath.... split jerk... way more stable under the bar, still only 80% perfect but that will do for today. Very pleased with that, equaled my PR twice today

Cool down
Wife did some pistols from a box and worked on stability. She also did traps and lat mobilization work.

I did 10 SHSPU's a few singles, a set of 3 and 2,2. very pleased about those.

then a stretch for 15min or so.

great day today.