CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #21
Slater Coe

Profile:
Re: Slater Coe Workout Log

"Fight Gone Bad"
Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories) *subbed SDHP w/ 45lb

Wallball = 31, 25, 22
SDHP - 75lbs = 25, 20, 18
Box Jump = 23, 20, 21
Push Press = 23, 20, 21
SDHP - 45lbs = 34, 20, 25
Total = 348

We didn't get to do this on Sunday because of scheduling, and.. well, mostly because of a hangover from being out until 4a AGAIN... but, waiting until Monday to do this workout was good because I'm pretty sure Shane and I blew everyone's mind at Louisville's Urban Active gym tonight... I didn't look around to confirm it, but I felt about a million eyes on us as we did this routine.

My new Dynamax 20lb medicine ball came in about two weeks ago and I had been waiting to try it out, so I was psyched to give it a go on FGB... Shane went first and sent a pretty high bar, so I was a little nervous going into mine but I hit it pretty well and am relatively happy w/ my total... I definitely took some breaks during the sets, but I bashed out a good number - maybe... There's still much room for improvement. I would think 400 is within reach next time.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #22
Slater Coe

Profile:

Five rounds for max reps of:
Body weight bench press
Pull-ups
Body weight back squat

210 lbs
BP - 7, 5, 5, 4.5, 3.5 = 25
PU - 14, 10, 10, 10, 6 = 50
BS - 15, 15, 13, 10, 8 = 61
Total = 136

The racks were taken at first, so Shane and I knocked out the bench press first (could have used a little extra rest between reps considering how weak I am at that), and then moved to a rack to do squats/pullups after one had opened.

Probably could have eeked out another 1-2 reps on squats if I'd focused more... my conditioning is still poor, which breaks my mental focus when lifting really heavy weights for high reps. Something to work on.

Anyway, around the 3rd set of squats/pullups, someone near us asked what we were training for and essentially commented that we always look like we're working harder than anyone else there. I smiled a little inside when I heard that because I'm my worst critic...

So, because of a prior commitment, Shane had to leave after the 3rd set... and on my 5th set, ANOTHER person asked what I was training for... again, I said 'nothing.' 'This workout is just our normal routine' and explained the website as best I could. She seemed generally shocked that someone would basically do a full-body workout everytime they're in the gym. But, I bet we could convert her to CrossFit with a few more discussions.

CrossFit... opening minds every day. Thanks Coach.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:05 AM   #23
Slater Coe

Profile:

Hero workout of your choice.

"Daniel"
50 Pull-ups
400 meter run
95 pound Thruster, 21 reps
800 meter run
95 pound Thruster, 21 reps
400 meter run
50 Pull-ups

24:52

It would really help my time if I could figure out the kipping pullup... these had to become "jump pullups" after awhile.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:27 AM   #24
Slater Coe

Profile:

"The Chief"
Max rounds in 3 minutes of:
135 pound Power cleans, 3 reps
6 Push-ups
9 Squats
Rest 1 minute. Repeat for a total of 5 cycles.

Rounds - 4, 4, 4, 4, 4

We tried to complete this workout on the original day it was posted, but Louisville was hit with the remnants of Hurricane Ike, so 75% of the city was left without power… including our gym… but, we didn't know that at the time. So, around 4:30p on Sunday, we headed out to Urban Active and over the course of 30 minutes and multiple road changes due to downed trees or downed power lines, we found that the gym was closed. We tried going to the Executive Inn's health club but both sides of Phillips Lane were blocked by fallen trees, so we had to find another way in by doubling back on the highway… once we got there, we found out the place didn't have power. So, we were 0 for 2… and we called it a day after this failure.

Ended up doing the WOD the next day... it sucked the air right out of my lungs. But, I look forward to trying it again.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:01 AM   #25
Slater Coe

Profile:

"Fran"
Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Thruster
Pull-ups

7:30... beat my last attempt by 3:11 (10:41)...

broke up the thruster sets (1=16+5, 2=10+5, 3=9)... and, while I still can't do kipping pullups, I tried to stay away from jumping pullups... broke latter repetitions into quick sets of 3 with a two second break in between.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:11 AM   #26
Slater Coe

Profile:

"Michael"
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

28:04... beat previous attempt of 28:50

I had to double-up this WOD on the same-day as my Fran WOD, which was originally posted the day before... Fran apparently took a toll on my back because my second and third running sets had to be broken up w/ some walk-time to allow my back to stop seizing up. I intended to run somewhere south of 10:00min/mile (7.5 treadmill speed setting), but with my back issues, I had to set it to 8:30min/mile (8.5 speed setting) and burst forward as far as possible until my back made me walk for a little bit... I rationalized that this would still keep me on a 10:00min/mile pace. Mostly, it did... I gained some extra time because back extensions were a little drawn out due to the back issues as well.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #27
Slater Coe

Profile:

"Grace"
135lb Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

5:49... power cleans; not squat cleans

Shane and I did Grace at a "Globo Gym", so we weren't able to drop the weight from overhead... which may have allowed me to drop the time to sub-5:00. Regardless, I felt like I couldn't get enough air in my lungs for this exercise... (or any CrossFit exercise, I guess). Still pretty happy w/ the time, though. Broke it up into 10, 5, 5, 5, 5... which seemed to work pretty well and sufficiently scared everyone around us.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:25 AM   #28
Slater Coe

Profile:

Run 5k

26:53

Running... we meet again... Running knows I have a certain disdain for it... In fact, I think it's a mutual animosity that fuels our relationship. I hate it just as it hates me; yet, we return to each other time and time again... Running is like an ex-girlfriend that never goes away and after we've parted ways, I always think to myself, "why do I keep going back to running? I hate it." But, then a couple weeks pass, and I end up drunk dialing it in the middle of the week... thinking it'll be different this time.

It's never different. I hate running.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:29 AM   #29
Slater Coe

Profile:

"Isabel"
Snatch 135 pounds, 30 reps

Didn't time myself; instead I did a leisurely 95lbs for 30 reps... trying to perfect the movement... afterwards, I realized that I probably toss the bar too far out from my body, so I'll have to work on that next time.

We don't have bumper plates at the gym, so we're unable to safely drop this weight in case of a bad catch - and that's why I didn't want to attempt 135lbs... I really don't want to get tossed out of from my gym. Eventually, I'll have to give it a go.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:30 AM   #30
Slater Coe

Profile:

For time 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, and 5 rep rounds of:
virtual shoveling
Push-ups

15:48

This was much harder than I thought it would be... and my height definitely doesn't help my shoveling technique. Next day analysis: my back and obliques are fully aware that they got a workout yesterday. I could have pushed this harder, but considering the gingerness of my back today - I think I'm glad I didn't because I'm sure my form would have suffered, which means my back would be suffering more than it is now.

We bumped into two other CrossFit-ers at the gym today, which really surprised me... a guy noticed us doing the shoveling technique, walked over, and said he was about to give that a shot, too. His name is Ben and he was working with a trainer from the Taylorsville Urban Active named Stacey whom he was introducing to CrossFit. I told him we're at this particular Urban Active every WOD weekday at 5:30p and at random times on the weekend, so he said he'd start coming here since he now knows there's CrossFit-ers here. It looks like our ranks are growing in Louisville.