CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-11-2015, 06:14 PM   #21
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Gain Or Lose?

69kg male lifters tend to be some short guys. Alex lee is a 69 around 5'5 but that's about as tall as 69kg lifters go.

At 5'8, somewhere between 77-85. There are some 94's that size but they are freaks like Kendrick.

That being said, it would take you awhile to fill out to 77 or 85 so there is no rush.

Eat at a slight surplus and give yourself some time and heavy training. It can be Athletic Zone, Eat2Perform, RP Bodybuilding style. Whatever. Use a mirror and a weight scale to judge if you are gaining size or chub.

It also depends on goals. Do you want to lift heavyweights or be a metcon king or bodyweight enthusiast?

Yeah, a pretty simple program could be WestSide for SkinnyBastards. You can google it.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #22
Phil Washlow

Profile:

I definitely echo the idea of not trying to gain a ton of weight ad libitum given your prior level of body fat. I would suggest taking Chris's advice on the training and eat as much as you need to recover, focus on getting stronger primarily and let your body determine how much you eat. Still pay attention and possibly track so you aren't under eating or severely over eating but I have found that as long as my food sources are good quality my appetite naturally adjusts to meet my recovery needs for my training volume. When trying to calculate exactly what I needed I was often left hungry and more sore than necessary or I would gain unwanted body fat if I was artificially inflating my cals.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:05 PM   #23
Craig Bravman

Profile:

what gyms follow a conjugate style program. I have found one or two. Also Chris, I pmed you.

You all have been a greta help
Old 07-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #24
Craig Bravman

Profile:

i found your article Chris and love it. Do u suggest doing any metcons or power cleans,over head squats?
Old 11-07-2015, 12:51 PM   #25
Ben Kissam

Profile:

If you were to put yourself through some type of linear progression strength training program for an extended period of time, and eat to support your goals, you'll find that 12% bodyfat looks a lot different on a muscular frame. It will also be MUCH easier to lose the bodyfat on the other side of that journey too.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #26
Craig Bravman

Profile:

Chris
I just noticed my email to you never went thru. Please send me the program if possible still.
Thank you