CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #1
Richard Colon

Profile:
Really good GHD under $600 - your reviews!

I know I'll pay extra for shipping, I'm talking $600 or less for the GHD itself. Does anyone have any review on the Rage Fitness one that can be ordered direct through them or from dicksportinggoods online order.

I've heard great things about the Againfaster and obviously Rogue Abram but both are out of stock and I could kinda use them soon(ish) so was wondering what other options you might go with and/or your experiences with some others (York, EliteFTS - although I can't find an elite one in my $ range, Pendlay, Legend, etc.)

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
Daniel OBrien

Profile:
Re: Really good GHD under $600 - your reviews!

A GHD is a big piece of equipment - I wouldn't rush into an inferior one just because another one is temporarily out of stock.

If I was buying, I'd consider the following:

Rogue Abram 2.0: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-abram-ghd (wfs)
RepFitness New One: http://www.repfitness.com/strength-e...ng/ghd/rep-ghd (wfs)
Get Rxed GHD (probably same as RepFitness one): http://www.getrxd.com/index.php/ghd.html (wfs)

The Rogue honestly looks like a $900-$1000 GHD with its adjustability and beefiness.

The Pendlay's footplate is tiny.

I have the York one that Rogue sells...it's a good GHD, but it's an absolute pain to adjust. So if it's just you that is using it, it'll be fine...but I actually got it off a personal training studio because they were replacing it with one that is easier to adjust (CFF Elite: https://christiansfitnessfactory.com...ghd-black.html (wfs) )
Old 08-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
Jason A Smith

Profile:

I have had a Sorinex unit for over 4 years. Thing is super sturdy. I actually do use mine pretty regularly to do sit ups and back extensions as part of my warm up. Love it. I have used the Pendlay, York and Rogue units as well. This one to me is one of the best.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
I have had a Sorinex unit for over 4 years. Thing is super sturdy. I actually do use mine pretty regularly to do sit ups and back extensions as part of my warm up. Love it. I have used the Pendlay, York and Rogue units as well. This one to me is one of the best.
The Sorinex Mach II? At least to me in PA, the Sorinex is $1,075 shipped, which would make it a good deal over the OP's requested price of under $600. I'm not saying the Abram 2.0 is under his budget either, but it's a lot closer. When I calculate shipping for the Rogue Monster Swing Arm GHD, I'm only getting $117 (Abram 2.0 is OOS, so it won't calculate).
Old 08-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Accidental double-post.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #6
John Jacobson

Profile:

I have the Vulcan strength and I really like it. It's very sturdy and, at $609 shipped, I think it's the best deal going for a ghd/ghr. It has the wheels to roll it in and out and the split pad, which is nice if you're male. But also out of stock...
http://www.vulcanstrength.com/Glute-...-GHD-p/ghd.htm (link safe for work or whatever, etc)

You can't go wrong with rogue either. I think x training equipment has a good price on the York.

I don't post here much; just trying to help.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #7
Jason A Smith

Profile:

I have the now defunct FNGHD, I believe Rogue sells that model at around $699. Not sure what it is with shipping. I bought mine on a Black Friday sale in 2010. Like I said it is sturdy. It is like brand new

Here is a link to one for sale at $679

http://www.forgefitness.com/ghd-the-...cal-glute-ham/ WFS

I have no idea if they actually have this in stock or not.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #8
Christopher Kraul

Profile:

I picked up the new Rogue GHD 2.0 from the games and its truly amazing. This thing will outlive me. Another solid piece of equipment by Rogue.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #9
Richard Colon

Profile:

When spending that much money I am certainly not going to rush it. I was just looking for input. If one GHD was available now and had comparable features and similar bells and whistles to one that may not be around for another month or two, then I'd obviously go that route.

The Rogue is certainly sounding good. All I've used in the past is the Legend Pro Series GHD $2000ish stuff so I'm just hoping for quality in what I'll find at 1/3 to 1/4th of the price. Either way, thanks everyone!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #10
John Burgeson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Kraul View Post
I picked up the new Rogue GHD 2.0 from the games and its truly amazing. This thing will outlive me. Another solid piece of equipment by Rogue.
I got one of these too. He's not lying, it's an absolute beast of a GHD, and $699 for the 2.0 is really a great price. Same price as the original Abrams, but so much fancier. Thing is massive. Definitely deserving of the name.