CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
Evelyn Scarborough

Profile:
Re: Windfall = a significant add to my home gym. Any thoughts?

Could make a good case for either one. I have found in my home gym I use the rower a lot more than the GHD. You can get a cheap Yukon/off brand GHD, although having had one of these I'd stick with the "poor man's" version or alternate posterior chain exercises (good mornings, RDLs, etc) until you can spring for a nice one.

However, pick the one you know you will use the most - if you dislike rowing/rowing by yourself the choice is easy.

When picking stuff for the home gym I stick with only things I know I will use a lot. Too little real estate in the garage and cash to do otherwise.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #12
Adrian Garcia

Profile:

I personally would buy a C2. A GHD would be nice but man, I'd love a Rower even more. It is a good idea to consider if your focus is strength or conditioning.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #13
Jason Dimaio

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelyn Scarborough View Post
Could make a good case for either one. I have found in my home gym I use the rower a lot more than the GHD. You can get a cheap Yukon/off brand GHD, although having had one of these I'd stick with the "poor man's" version or alternate posterior chain exercises (good mornings, RDLs, etc) until you can spring for a nice one.

However, pick the one you know you will use the most - if you dislike rowing/rowing by yourself the choice is easy.

When picking stuff for the home gym I stick with only things I know I will use a lot. Too little real estate in the garage and cash to do otherwise.
I found a local place that sold both, so I didn't have to pay for shipping for either. Also, they had a (relatively) inexpensive GHD that was already assembled, so I could try it out in the store. Between the GHD being on sale, and not having to pay for any shipping, I was able to afford both. Thanks for your input, guys!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #14
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

sounds like you need more weights to me. what's the heaviest you can get your barbell? what's the point of dumbbells under 50?
Old 12-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #15
Christopher Kraul

Profile:

I went with a C2 and its one of the best purchases I've made!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #16
Jon Branden

Profile:

Airdyne is the best. Try doing the same number of calories on the AD that you do on a rower. No comparison. Get a used one and use the leftover money for a GHD. If you really want the rower, get a C2 used if you can—they're a lot less expensive.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #17
Greg Light

Profile:

I'd take the money that a c2 would cost and get an airdyne another 53lb kb and the ghd