CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #11
Pierre Auge

Profile:
I fed a pice of webbing through the handle (PVC Conduit) and sewed it with a double box stitch. Make it a loop about 2 feet in length so about 4 feet six inches long in total and 4 inches will be used for a 2 inch wrap where it is box stitched. Then just take some longer lengths of webbing get good at tying knots and loop it though. Thats it thats all.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #12
Skylar Cook

Profile:
Diameter is just based on personal preference, right? I picked up some 1" pieces (felt best in my hands) today and ordered webbing from REI.

Do you just use the 45 deg. to save a few cents, or is there another reason to use those over the 90 deg (e.g. will the higher angle be more liable to break with me going ape on it)?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #13
Will Lennon

Profile:
Eva’s video inspired me yesterday and I picked up some the electrical conduit at a local hardware store for $1.50 a piece. I got the 1” diameter and that seems close the rings a co-worker has. It is pretty easy to see how I did it by looking at the pictures. The only “special modification” I made was to drill holes at the ends of the conduit to run the strapping through, then tied knots so the conduit would not slide. Took $3, the rest of the stuff I had a home and about 30 minutes. I was banging out muscle ups on them this morning.

The black straps are simple adjustable tie down straps. The orange straps are from an old ratchet strap that I cut to size. The clips (d-rings) are not necessary but connecting the ring setup to the strap is pretty easy and if the straps ever wear out I can replace them very easily. Although I only spent $3 because I already had most of the stuff lying around, I think it would have been less than $15 if I had to purchase it all.

Will
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/35344.jpghttp://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/35345.jpghttp://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/35346.jpg
Old 01-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #14
Bill Russell

Profile:
Beau,

Thanks for starting this.

I stopped at HD after work and picked up the items to make another set of rings. I 'splurged' on the straps and got the easy-adjust kind like the ones Tyler uses and not the rachet gig, total $21.00 with tax.

I have a set on rings from Tyler in my basement gym, now I have a 2nd set in my garage gym.

BR
Old 01-19-2007, 04:47 AM   #15
Beau Bryant

Profile:
No problem,
I have been inspired (Eugene and a few others), to make nearly everything in my garage gym. After stealing everyone's ideas I hope to one day come up with something new to contribute myself. When it happens you all will be the first to get it.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #16
Angela Childress

Profile:
Thanks so much for all of the info guys!

I'm off to home depot tonight!!!