CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
W/F S (work/family safe) article about the link between health and how much money you make.

http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/leanrich_1.html

I don't know how true this is. . . I am the fittest person in my office and I don't think I am the most productive:rm_shifty:

It might be that I would rather be coaching people than sitting at a desk.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:59 AM   #2
Derek Simonds

Profile:
I love the correlation. I am 6' 1" and 187 as of last night so my physical attributes correlate I just need to make sure to stay focused at work just like Jeremy said.

I saw an article one time that had the height of all the fortune 500 CEO's listed and the average CEO was at least 5' 11". Based on that and this article I can definitely believe the article.

I am the national sales manager for a consulting and advertising company. All of the salespeople that are with the company and successful are in good shape. Not crossfiters but in good shape. I hired one guy that had great work experience and was significantly out of shape (read obese) and he failed miserably. He was great on the phone but when he got in front of clients they didn't like him and he couldn't close the deal.

In sales I can see how the client would think if the guy can't take care of his body how is he going to take care of me. Our first impression we make when meeting a client in person is our physical bearing; overall health, clothes, posture. It sucks but it is true.