CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:37 AM   #1
Steve Loeding

Profile:
Crossfit and martial arts together

I looked but could not find it - due to there being hundreds of posts...but my question is in regards to Crossfit sharing space with martial arts academies - it seems very popular. My questions are how do you go about with insurance, liability, renting of space - any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Jordan Wright

Profile:
Re: CrossFit and martial arts together

I am in the same boat bud. I am looking into putting a box into a existing Squash/Training Facility. Looking at renting and renoing the room I want it in. The new owner is a nice guy and really needs a way to bring in new clients. He has a massive amount of competition in the area. Cool thing is none of the competition offers anything close to Cross Fit.

I know part of my bigger dream is to create a Cross Fit / MMA / Martial Arts facility. Thats about 5 years down the line mind you.

When I first started scouting out possible locations I looked into teaming up with a Martial Arts School. To be honest most weren't that interested or didn't have the space I was looking for. Like with most you need to develop a relationship.

Part of my plan is to train with a school while I run my Box and develop a relationship with the owners and talk about future plans into opening a combined facility.

Hope this helps a little bro.