CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #2011
Vic McQuaide

Profile:
Re: 2014 45-49 Fittest on the Planet goal

Forgot to mention on Sat- about 300 dubs.

Sunday- AM- warm up the movements and normal shoulder and hammies.

30 step ups 30"

27 burpee box jump overs in 2:00. If I did not get 25 reps would have to do it again.

Cindy heavy- 20 min amrap
Odd sets
5 ring mu
10 hspu 4" deficit
15 front squats 115#

Even sets
5 bar mu
10 hspu 4" deficit
15 back squats 115#

6 rounds plus 3- my friend Cindy is in the intensive care unit fighting for her life. She met some circumstances where she did harm to herself. I love this girl, she is a beast, beautiful inside and out, biggest hugs and smile. Its up to God weather she stays here on earth or he needs her up with him. I dropped off some flowers at her house from the Dark Side. Going to bring some food over for her kids and the relatives in town. It super sad.

Went to visit Gracen, he is with the foster care person Gloria. She seems nice. He is doing fine, smiles and giggling. 9 months old now. I don't know how long it will be to clear us and get him back. Such a stupid process to say the least.

I get plenty of alone time above the shop at night. Been taking care of myself, eating well, lost 6+ lbs.

More later.
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 02-11-2019, 04:24 AM   #2012
Alex Burden

Profile:

Not long now Vic...

How is your body holding up?
Any expectations from/during the open?

What would you like to see during the open, the perfect wod for you?

cheers Alex
Old 02-12-2019, 09:57 AM   #2013
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Monday- wow stress, drama, conflict, sadness, possibly saying good bye to a friend forever... guess that is enough.

AM workout with Corey, Alex, Taylor and Bri- good warm up 25 min.

12 min emom-
15 cal on a machine
2 wall walks/10 kb swings 53#
Barbell complex

5 sets of snatch balance- 45-185# its been a while.

10 min to build up to a heavy snatch- 125,145,165,185,197, 208F. Coached Alex to a 215# pr of 5# was happy about that.

Back squat- 95x5, 145x5, 185x5, 245x5, 275x3, 305x2, 275x5

Metcon-
30/20/10
Cal row
C2b
dubs x2- 8 min. Took a bit to get into the swing of c2b. Was rushed. Must have done well because Corey was :45 back, Taylor :90, Alex 2:00..

Cool down, get bricks for back yard, unload and move them up the hill, drama with ex, drama with grandson stuff then off to the hospital to visit a dear friend who is on life support. I think that is enough for one day.

Positives-
I am alive and healthy
I am feeling better with a cleaner diet
I am working on getting better
Work and the gym are doing well
I was able to donate my WZA winnings to my friends Go fund me account
I was able to be present and to feel my genuine feelings towards my friend, her family and the community.
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 02-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #2014
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Alex,
Holding up good. Knee and shoulder needing more and more attention. But I am giving it.

Expectations- just do my best, train thru the open, one and done, be happy with my score no matter what it is, don't check the leader board so much, have fun, hula-hoop some. Goal was top 5 but if that doesn't happen then that will have to be fine also.

Perfect workout- don't think that its coming. But if it did it would involve a bunch of Dubs and hand stand walking. But I am happy that I have less and less defined wheel house workouts. But I do have a few non loved workouts if they came up. But that would allow me to frame my weakness and attack them and turn them into good exercises and movements. This year was the rope- actually happy to see them in the workouts.

How about you- what do you want to see?

How many sign ups do you think they will have- Last year was 400k.. will it be less or more. I feel with the changes we will have less maybe 20%. I think they underestimated how many people had the dream to make it to regionals.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #2015
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Tuesday- some minor rehab on the shoulder. Some super mans and hollow rock, glute ham raises, some kb lunges, db clean and jerks, legs only aa bike.
Also did some stretching and rowing. About 1k worth.

Warm up metcon- hs walks and t2b.

5 rounds for time-
30' hs walk
21 t2b- rigs are fat and slippery compared to Dark Side Custom rig

Broke up the t2b early- 6/5/5/5 for sets 1-4 then what ever in the last set.

9:28.. maybe a min less with some better bars and not have to share. Not the best day of t2b.

More shoulder and knee floss after the workout.

Might put myself back on light duty for the right shoulder. We will see how it feels tomorrow. I started back doing the exercises that fixed it last year. Hehe how soon we forget. I also called my shoulder guru and I am trying to get an appointment ASAP.

Going a hike for prayer on Friday- candle light on a popular mountain. Then we are doing Cindy on Saturday. Its a sad situation going on around me. I love all of the individuals that are in pain.

This year has been the test of my past/present and future. I have not been under a microscope this hard in a while. I remember rolling into the Granite Games with my baby and my gym's two pro teams taking on all comers and killing it. Won't be a cake walk but I will survive. Going to workout out med/hard tomorrow, we will see about Friday. Might just turn it into a ghd, reverse ghd, wall ball and bike day at the shop. Then hit it hard on Saturday AM , then Sat PM with my coach at the obstacle coarse. Sunday with Alex, Monday AM and PM, Easy on Tuesday and Wed, off on Thursday then hit 19.1 hard. Just murder it. I will enjoy some super compensation rest prior. That is the plan for the next 9 days.

Cheers
Vic
Old 02-13-2019, 01:22 AM   #2016
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic McQuaide View Post
Alex,
Holding up good. Knee and shoulder needing more and more attention. But I am giving it.

Expectations- just do my best, train thru the open, one and done, be happy with my score no matter what it is, don't check the leader board so much, have fun, hula-hoop some. Goal was top 5 but if that doesn't happen then that will have to be fine also.

Perfect workout- don't think that its coming. But if it did it would involve a bunch of Dubs and hand stand walking. But I am happy that I have less and less defined wheel house workouts. But I do have a few non loved workouts if they came up. But that would allow me to frame my weakness and attack them and turn them into good exercises and movements. This year was the rope- actually happy to see them in the workouts.

How about you- what do you want to see?

How many sign ups do you think they will have- Last year was 400k.. will it be less or more. I feel with the changes we will have less maybe 20%. I think they underestimated how many people had the dream to make it to regionals.
Hi Vic,

I would like to see some more strict movements for example HSPU, MU's, an increase in the weight slightly as in 18.3 when the OHS were 115lbs/52kgs. This really split the field up in the older age groups as most people can lift 95lbs/43kgs.

More weeks with 2 parts to them otheriwse it will be difficult to split the pack and really have the best at the games. Castro has in the latter years communicated that the best 0.01% reach the games, how will he achieve this with 150 countries going. The old format will not hold up.

320-350 000 this year. So many people have now lost their chance to reach regionals and then the games so i expect quite a few not to even bother with the open. Just getting to regionals for many was their goal and now they are all mixed in with the rest of us.

Will CFHQ add your results from sanctioned events to your profile on the homepage??? if not then a lot of history will be lost.

// Alex
Old 02-14-2019, 08:21 AM   #2017
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Alex, Strict MU that would be a stopper for me. Only have completed 2 in my life time. Sanctioned events and results- its only for the kids.

Good luck in the last 7 days of shine.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:36 AM   #2018
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Wed- rowing with the peeps- just did 8 efforts of 20 cal- 700 to 1400 cal per hour pace. Had to leave to get ready for Valentines Day. Active recovery day.

Today Thursday- instead of taking off I am going to get in some exercise. I have a graduation, then shoulder treatment appointment and work. Busy day.

Friday is a hike up a mountain to remember and celebrate the life of my friend Cindy.

Saturday is the workout Cindy.

I got cleared to go back home in the whole grandson thing. What a debacle. Hope he will get cleared to go back home also soon.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #2019
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Thursday. My friends graduation was good. My other friend just passed away. Such a sad story.

Got my shoulder rehab going on. Some cupping, deep tissue massage and some new rehab exercises.

Going in today to check in on some exercises. Guess its the calm before the storm for the open.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #2020
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

My friend Cindy. Every time I saw her she instantly brought a smile out of me. She had that "IT" factor. She was a bad *** athlete, strong, elegant, beautiful, heart of gold. She was someone you could kid around with: she loved Cardi-B and when a song came on I told her that I loved her Miley Cyrus she was playing.. immediately she would correct me saying it was Cardi-B and at that time I would do the noise that Cardi-B would make. That would make her smile and laugh. Finally I think that I wore her down and I would say Miley and she would say yes. When I met her she was athletic but a little on the skinny side. 4 years of crossfit later she had it all, big traps, abs you name it she had it. Myself and everyone around just liked to look at her, watch how she moved just a specimen of fitness. My friend and her best friend said she was the best part of my day. Every time I would have to get my Cindy hug. She passed yesterday and my choice is to celebrate her life and never forget her. I think that i'm doing Cindy each Sunday sometimes strict, sometimes on the min, sometimes crazy hard movements. Cindy you have impacted my life in the most positive way. I love you, miss you but will never forget you.