CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 05-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
Eric Konieczny

Profile:
Arrow How did your "Murph" go?

it was my third time doing Murph, but first time with the 20# vest.

It was hot from the beginning, 80 degrees and high humidity, I knew if was gonna be tough.

we had about 40 members, and I think 8 of us used 20# vests

half way through I wasnt sure if I was gonna finish as i was heating up and had to slow down my Cindy Rounds, and get more water. Other problem was just holding on to the pull up bar as I was dripping sweat. I am 6'2" and 220#.

First Half of workout in 23 min, 1 mile and 10 rounds of Cindy..took a 1 min break, then second half in 25 min.

Finished in 48:13

Fasted non vest time was 33:38,

Lets Hear about it....If you are from the US or not we all have a lot to be thankful for in this path to bettering ourselves with fitness.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
Steven Thunander

Profile:
Re: How did your "Murph" go?

41:31, done yesterday due to work commitments today.
Someone took my timer and cleared it, I had to find it after the first run. So I estimated 8 mins for run
Broke up the sets into 5 pullups, 5 pushups, 15 squats, 5 pushups. Won't be doing that scheme again, as Cindy style is faster.
Also, I am battling a persistent cold with cough and runny nose. So, no PR's. But happy to have done it anyway
Old 05-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
Christopher Morris

Profile:

My Murph today was a lot of fun. It was the first time my 7 and 10 year old sons have actually done a workout for time. They've goofed around in the gym a lot, just nothing for time until today. They scaled Murph to half mile runs, and half the number of reps, as well as jumping pull ups and inclined push-ups, but they did he work. It was a lot of fun to do this as a family. When we were running the neighborhood my son's friend asked what we were doing. You could hear the pride in my son's voice when he said, "We're doing a hero workout!" My 18 month old twins were watching, and it was hilarious to see them imitate a squat or push-up. I'm so glad they see us modeling a fit lifestyle.

Anyway, my time was 47 minutes (not even close to my 30 minute PR from three years ago) my wife did half Murph in 21 minutes, and my boys did their half Murph in 23 and 29 minutes.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
Maurice Mayfield Jr

Profile:

It was my 1st time ever doing this WOD it was fun and hard 47mins. I just hard my 41st b-day so going to try it again in a month the goal is 41mins .
Old 05-27-2014, 03:41 AM   #5
Price Goosby

Profile:

Took 53:15 but I'm happy to have finished. It was great to see a packed house come out to participate.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #6
Josh Groves

Profile:

Did a drop in while traveling and did half "Murph" with a time of 21:12. Was taking it pretty easy due to being fatigued from a 7 hour drive the day before, I think I could have done it under 20 on a better day. Was excited to see a large turn out at the gym I dropped in to.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:00 AM   #7
John Drohan

Profile:

Our box's Rx is to do it unpartitioned. So we're a bit slower than most.

Finished in 60:17, no vest. Then downed a couple of waters and ran an extra mile with a buddy who was struggling to finish.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #8
Michael A. Jones

Profile:

This was my fourth time doing Murph. I completed it in 54:02 as Rx'd. I partition a little differently. I do 5/20/50 as I like to knock out the squats to conserve my legs for the final mile.

I've bettered my time every year. Looking to do next year's challenge sub 50...

Michael
Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #9
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

We did it partition as needed. Did it with a 26# vest. First run 7:30.. did 4 rounds of 10,20,30 then cindy style from that point on. Have a 30 round cindy time so push up are my thing. Last mile was 9 min or so. Was super hot. 34:30ish with the vest. Was in the Marines and Desert Storm Vet. I love these type of workouts and crossfit does a great job tying the patriotism to the sport. Thank you x fit for doing that.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #10
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:

Great turnout at our gym. Awesome atmosphere. Went in the final heat with most of my coaches and a large group...

Third time doing this wod, second time with the vest. 49:30. Partitioned. Better than last year by 1:30sec. Wanted to check my first mile time but forgot. Not overly fast...my plan was to stay steady the whole time and I think I did that.