CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 09-07-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
Jonathan Thomas Powers

Profile:
Did my workout in "TRue Crossfit Style" today

Quick Bio
"Fairly new to crossfit, 29 Years old, Working out for most of them, Sans 4 years during College and very limited for approx one year due to Back Surgery...Been back Training hard for 7 months now."

"Helen in the country"
400 M "Round the Condo and Through the Woods"
21 KettleBell Swings "with a 17 lb Ammo Bag"
12 Pull Ups "on a Pine Tree Branch"

Did not want to go back to the gym tonight so in true Crossfit style, I filled the new Range Bag my wife got me with stuff from around the house. Weighed in at 17 lbs. Ran halfway down the Condo lot and back equalling 400 M, the low branches of the Pine trees worked perfectly for some Pull Ups.

So my "Helen" in the country was definitely harder than the gym. First off, running back was slightly up hill and against the wind. Second, holding the bag was awkward and probably a little heavier than I would have chosen on my own at the gym. Third, Pull Ups on a Branch are also slightly uneven and you have to adjust for the mov't of the Branch (makes me wonder how hard the rings will be when I finally get them).

TIME: 15:58:00

Last edited by Jonathan Thomas Powers : 09-07-2007 at 03:25 PM.