CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 05-26-2003, 06:38 AM   #1
Scott Parker

Profile:
so it's 9:30am out here in the east, and still no WOD for today (monday) yet. i don't want to sound like a d#%k, because i know you provide this service for free, but it does get a bit annoying when you have a window to workout in, and you're psyched to go to the gym, and when you check the site, the new WOD isn't posted yet!

usually i'll just go back into the archive and pick a workout, but this has happened more than a few times!

it seems like a lot of people liked (preferred) the old style of how the WOD was posted, three days at a time. any reason for the new format?

i guess what i'll end up doing is going back a week so there is no chance of this happening again - i'm just not psyched to relive the painful memories of having to do those workouts again!

scott
Old 05-26-2003, 07:11 AM   #2
Patrick Johnston

Profile:
People all over the world do these workouts. I think that it is darned near impossible for him to keep everyone happy in the manner which you are suggesting. As you correctly pointed out, it is free. It has been suggested on here before, and I think it is good advice, to follow one week or so behind the current workouts. Just write them down for the week and there you go.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:55 AM   #3
Keith

Profile:

I live in the UK, so it's now 6pm. For this reason mainly, I'm doing the workouts a week behind, so a late posting will cause no problems.

Keith.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:22 AM   #4
David Wood

Profile:

Scott:

I understand your zeal to go at it (and the narrow window of workout time . . . I gotta get the WOD by 7 a.m. East Coast time to do it that day), but I can't support your complaint.

I realize that the "complaint" is also a compliment . . . we want to have at it, as soon as possible, if not earlier.

But, it *is* free . . . and Lord knows, there are lots of oldies but goodies to go back to.

There are several people who seem to be working 4 - 7 days behind now . . . I see accumulating scores or posted times in the comments on the workouts throughout the week that they are "up".

It's not *quite* as good as having that delicious element of surprise waiting for you each morning (the one downside I find to working a week behind is that I have 7 days to dread an upcoming workout) . . . but it still works.

Dave
Old 05-26-2003, 01:03 PM   #5
Scott Parker

Profile:
just to clarify-

i didn't post the earlier message to be a pain in the *** or by any means appear to be ungreatful at all. i have the utmost respect and appreciation for having a friend introduce me to crossfit last year and have made leaps and bounds since starting.

i didn't take into consideration the fact that there are people all over the world following these workouts. it was just an opinion, and that's all. from now on i'll do what most of you guys do, and fall a week behind. i just get so anxious seeing other people post their results and i have to wait a week to do it!

again, my intention wasn't to criticize, just state my opinion, and for what it's worth i contribute by subscribing to the journal. i live on the east coast (for now!), so getting out there and training with them at their facility isn't an option.

scott
Old 05-26-2003, 03:56 PM   #6
John King

Profile:

Hey Scott,
I know how you feel. CrossFit is definitely the best thing that has happened to me in the way of working out. It is no doubt the best method of exercise I have ever seen. I also live on the east coast as you know and have made the decision to drop back four days so Im always a week behind. You're right though its gonna suck going back because I know how much it hurt the first time!!! I also subscribed to the journal, its definitely worth it. Well, take care and good luck.
John
Old 06-01-2003, 06:35 AM   #7
Derek

Profile:

Scott & John,
Any time you would like to train with us in Jacksonville, FL, feel free to stop by! Or have us east coasters up to see ya some time!
Derek