CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 07-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #1001
Jayme Gruber

Profile:
Re: 2014 CrossFit Open, Regionals, and Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snir Golan View Post
yes i just saw that they adapted a baby. i don't think that it will affect his performance in any way, he is a pro. if anything, it might just make him even more motivated to win again.
I was wondering what they meant by they had been waiting two weeks for her. I thought maybe she was premature and had to stay at the hospital or something. That's awesome for them though. How can you not like the guy?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #1002
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
I was wondering what they meant by they had been waiting two weeks for her. I thought maybe she was premature and had to stay at the hospital or something. That's awesome for them though. How can you not like the guy?
i know right? everytime i see something about him or Hillary i just gain more respect and admiration for him. i will say this, i can't even imagine how he feels right now. a new baby, a HUGE deal with Reebok, the CF games all in the same week, hell of a ride.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #1003
Jason Fischer

Profile:

Rogue makes 55lb (red) plates, yet they are almost never used at the games? Why is this?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #1004
Michael Cook

Profile:

On the MU-Biathlon workout, for the men, I think there will be a few that will do the whole thing unbroken. So for the top group, it will come down to how fast they will do the 400m runs, and how long they rest before the MU.

For the women, I don't think anyone will go unbroken all three rounds, so they need to think of it as a completely different workout:

400-meter run
9 muscle-ups
200m run
9 muscle-ups
200m run

400-meter run
8 muscle-ups
200m run
7 muscle-ups
200m run

400-meter run
6 muscle-ups
200m run
6 muscle-ups
200m run

If you look at it like that, you'll notice it is a lot of running of various lengths - a 400, a 200, and then a 200+400. The key is to be able to recover while running, instead of burning out while running, trying to make up time.

I think the women who can go unbroken on the set of 12's (Foucher, CLB, Annie) are going to be the ones to win it.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #1005
Jon Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cook View Post
On the MU-Biathlon workout, for the men, I think there will be a few that will do the whole thing unbroken. So for the top group, it will come down to how fast they will do the 400m runs, and how long they rest before the MU.

For the women, I don't think anyone will go unbroken all three rounds, so they need to think of it as a completely different workout:

400-meter run
9 muscle-ups
200m run
9 muscle-ups
200m run

400-meter run
8 muscle-ups
200m run
7 muscle-ups
200m run

400-meter run
6 muscle-ups
200m run
6 muscle-ups
200m run

If you look at it like that, you'll notice it is a lot of running of various lengths - a 400, a 200, and then a 200+400. The key is to be able to recover while running, instead of burning out while running, trying to make up time.

I think the women who can go unbroken on the set of 12's (Foucher, CLB, Annie) are going to be the ones to win it.
Why would they have to run the 200 meter penalty after their second set of MU's? Didn't it say when they break a set? Doing it the way you have it above would only result in one 200m penalty per round wouldn't it?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #1006
Jeff Railsback

Profile:

I wonder if a no rep during the MU will count as breaking up the set, or if try will just do one more with no penalty run as long as they don't come down from the rings.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #1007
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cook View Post

400-meter run
9 muscle-ups
200m run
9 muscle-ups
200m run

400-meter run
8 muscle-ups
200m run
7 muscle-ups
200m run

400-meter run
6 muscle-ups
200m run
6 muscle-ups
200m run

I think you're seriously underestimating the abilities of the female competitors. I doubt any of the top 10 will break the first 18 reps of MU.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:33 AM   #1008
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Hmmm...I was in the dark the whole time...I thought MU gonna be bar muscle ups, so they gonna be ring muscle ups, thats, IMO, easier?
Old 07-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #1009
Bryan Wilson

Profile:

I think the beach event will involve rowing. Josh Bridges posted a pic of himself rowing in the San Diego bay recently. In the article 'Crossfit is not a Sport' the guy said something like- I know for a FACT that some athletes know about workouts ahead of time. If that's true, then I can see Dave Castro dropping a little hint to a fellow SEAL like Bridges... guess we'll find out tonite.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:14 PM   #1010
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Wilson View Post
I think the beach event will involve rowing. Josh Bridges posted a pic of himself rowing in the San Diego bay recently. In the article 'Crossfit is not a Sport' the guy said something like- I know for a FACT that some athletes know about workouts ahead of time. If that's true, then I can see Dave Castro dropping a little hint to a fellow SEAL like Bridges... guess we'll find out tonite.
Ooooooo, been wanting to use this smiley for a while

tinfoil hat, awesome!

Anyway, I dont think we should be taking the word of some bitter blogger that events are 'pre-released' to some competitors. Even if there is a row on the water, Bridges isnt training it because he has some insider knowledge, hes training it because thats a smart thing to do!