CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
Russ Greene

Profile:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1146036

"Regardless, this particular event and similar but less dramatic ones that I've noted for years have led me to the inescapable conclusion that most men — probably 7 or 8 out of 10 — would be better men, better people, if they took steroids."

Old 07-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
Anthony Marzolf

Profile:
Yeah, forget about the dangers of abusing them. Get bigger, faster, NOW!
What a bunch of .
Take away their drugs, and would they still be lifting weights?
Old 07-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
Nick Cummings

Profile:

What do you guys think the real downsides/negative health effects are of moderate steroid use? They are such a controversial topic. The more I think about it the more I wonder how prevalent they truely are amoung high level athletes. If someone survived by their athletic ability and had very low chances of being caught it could be very tempting. Think of how hard one can work at fitness. It seems logical that many would use steroids if they increase their gains or recovery.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
Josh Everett

Profile:
I remeber reading something by Dan John regarding a key to a succesful life was knowing who to listen to and knowing who's advice to ignore. I actually started ignoreing T-nation stuff long ago(took about 30 seconds to figure it out). Maybe it's better now but Dan John articles are the only good thing I've seen over there.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #5
Jesse Woody

Profile:
"Doing my part TC! 200mg of test cyp plus 200mg of deca per week by doctors orders. This is the one good thing about steroid abuse once you really yourself up they eventually write you scripts and then your legal for life. (sick attempt at humour and not the route i recommend) But in all honesty i really don't regret any of it."

Best..Reply..Ever.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:38 PM   #6
Russ Greene

Profile:

This is just an off the top of my head rant so I'll probably say something stupid:

I have a feeling that most insecure, overly appearance-conscious, and conformist metrosexuals will not be automatically turned into confident, stoic, alpha males through a little hormonal enhancement. Character doesn't come in pills or injections.

There is some good stuff on t-nation, especially with regards to anatomy and physiology. There's also a lot of crap. A little skepticism is in order when it seems to be commonly assumed that a trainee is using at least hundreds of dollars worth of legal supplements a month, if not AAS. What I dislike more than anything about performance enhancing drugs is how they skew the perception of what is normal, and what is attainable through years of dedicated training. I really don't care, for example how ripped Dave Tate can get when he built that physique with a strong reliance on anabolic steroids. I am not saying that he hasn't worked very hard to get that big and strong, but natural trainees should not look at his training program and nutritional program for guidance. It saddens me that the druggies are the rule rather than the exception in the circles of elite fitness and athletics. I think it is great that as far as I can tell our elite performers aren't on anything stronger than the zone diet. To me that demonstrates the effectiveness of the programming, the integrity of the elite crossfitters, and the potential for most who are willing to work that hard to get that fit.

I actually think that steroids, EPO, and the like should be made legal, but that's another story.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #7
Jesse Woody

Profile:
I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm also a fish oil, caffeine and creatine addict...there, I said it.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #8
Rob McBee

Profile:
Legalize It! Oh, that was an article about steroids. I was thinking something else. My bad...

Old 07-07-2006, 06:55 PM   #9
Russ Greene

Profile:

Jesse, you are dead to me.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #10
Frank M Needham

Profile:
Two work out buddies that I knew of used. One day one of them simply dropped dead in the gym. His heart literally blew up. It is an extreme case I know and it did happen quite a few years back though so now they should be ok for consumption right? Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention another aquaintance who's nads blew up to a humungous size from abusing but that would just be another anomally right?