CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #11
Paul D Cox

Profile:
Re: shaolin chunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Even the top CF'ers in the worlds times will climb as that goes on, you did well to keep unbroken for as long as you did and remember I am guessing you probably do your pull ups strict still without kipping. Nearly finished my hard days work of sitting here on the internet watching the iplayer and trashing the office doing the mobility WOD. I see Nik has already linked you to it, definately worth following especially when you first start and a lot of the movements are hard due to mobility.
I sort of do kipping, i more like do a swing and pull motion. i have to keep my knees bent so my feet don't touch the floor.
I was exspecting the mobility workout to be like the ones today.
now i see how you broke your shelf, try the desk next time but don't break it

And what was the pole dancing all about lol

Last edited by Paul D Cox : 11-02-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: adding
Old 11-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D Cox View Post
I sort of do kipping, i more like do a swing and pull motion. i have to keep my knees bent so my feet don't touch the floor.
I was exspecting the mobility workout to be like the ones today.
now i see how you broke your shelf, try the desk next time but don't break it

And what was the pole dancing all about lol
He's a funny guy that KStar, he's alwasy messing around in the videos, jumping out and that, makes it more interesting. You dont have to do the poll thing so not to worry. Tried to High five a 'Mo Bro' today and he must of been a permanent moustache man as he did not find it funny.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 11-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #13
Paul D Cox

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
He's a funny guy that KStar, he's alwasy messing around in the videos, jumping out and that, makes it more interesting. You dont have to do the poll thing so not to worry. Tried to High five a 'Mo Bro' today and he must of been a permanent moustache man as he did not find it funny.

i would loved to have seen his face
you nutter
keep it real MO BRO
Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
Paul D Cox

Profile:

back and biceps today with a mix of snatch technique and finally got on the rings, well hard but cool in a strange straining kind of way, nailing a muscle up is like riding a bike for the first time, need more practice on the false grip, some tape, chalk or something might help. oh yeah a [b]pr[b] for double unders 26 in a row woop woop
3x300 rowing
about a minute each
nothing too crazy as it's ment to be a day off
but can't resist
Old 11-04-2010, 04:11 AM   #15
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

I will definately get you a muscle up next time I see you, I have a 100% track record for teaching this movement so far... for now though, look beyond the rings to the ceiling and pull those rings through your arm pits, plenty of dropping through the transition from above will also strengthen up the false grip.

Congrats on the dooble Unders, I am telling you its 'Mo Power', get ready for a Mo related pr surge!!
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 11-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #16
Paul D Cox

Profile:

may the mo force be with you
Old 11-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #17
Paul D Cox

Profile:

training is on hold for a bit because i've got bad ingrowing toe nail going on, i'm such a wimp, been getting pains in my chest so went to the doctors and they have booked me in for a e.c.g.(mot) tomorrow. so see how that goes then get the toe sorted and get back to training.
next mission for the furture is a 1000 burpees, has anyone tried it or known someone who has? and any tips?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #18
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
training is on hold for a bit because i've got bad ingrowing toe nail going on, i'm such a wimp, been getting pains in my chest so went to the doctors and they have booked me in for a e.c.g.(mot) tomorrow. so see how that goes then get the toe sorted and get back to training.
next mission for the furture is a 1000 burpees, has anyone tried it or known someone who has? and any tips?
Talk to Ernie on the logs here. He did the 100burpee challenge where you start with one and each day addd one, so day 2, do 2reps and so on up to 100reps. The only thing I heard about max reps on burpees is you can hurt things, like shoulders ext.

There has been a burpee mile from a few people. Wear gloves, you hands take a beating.

I hope the doctore is good to you.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #19
Paul D Cox

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Talk to Ernie on the logs here. He did the 100burpee challenge where you start with one and each day addd one, so day 2, do 2reps and so on up to 100reps. The only thing I heard about max reps on burpees is you can hurt things, like shoulders ext.

There has been a burpee mile from a few people. Wear gloves, you hands take a beating.

I hope the doctore is good to you.
thanks for the tips nik
i think the 1000 burpees will be the kind of challenge that will split upthrough out the day into 100 per hour or do 100 and then 1/2 hour rest depending how it goes.
what do you do with the burpee mile? frog jump?
Old 11-05-2010, 03:28 AM   #20
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
thanks for the tips nik
i think the 1000 burpees will be the kind of challenge that will split upthrough out the day into 100 per hour or do 100 and then 1/2 hour rest depending how it goes.
what do you do with the burpee mile? frog jump?
Its like a burpee broad jump. I recommend you to go for a burpee 400m before thinking about the mile, then again the 1000 burpees also sounds crazy.

Hope your MOT goes well, the pain in your chest is probably wind from all the pie & chips you eat.