CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-07-2010, 01:40 AM   #11
Gillian Steele

Profile:
Re: Gillian's Training Log

WOD- 1st July

WOD

5km run

OMG, what a WOD- I have never run 5km ever, so today was a challenge for that alone, and the course was very hilly as well, so definately tested the legs. I got through the first kilometre okay, rolled my ankle in crossing the first part of the road, but just pushed through it, then my back started to act up and getting pain through the lower left side, so had to keep stopping and walking and let it settle down. But I was happy that it wasn't my cardio vascular capacity that was slowing me down which was a good thing- it means I'm improving!

Thanks you so much to Dora and Antonio for running the last 1.2km with me, was really great to have you guys there pushing me through til the end.

Thanks Rob for the mention on todays blog entry

"athlete of the Day Gill Steele!! Awesome effort. Probably 1st 5km ever!!

Team of the day Dora and Antonio for running an extra Km with Gill. That's what CrossFit is about"

Next time I'm going to try and aim to get under 50 minutes
Old 08-07-2010, 01:41 AM   #12
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD- 2nd July

21-15-9 reps for time of:
25kg barbell Squat snatch
Chest to bar pull-ups - Ring Pullups

Really enjoyed this WOD, I could have gone heavier on the snatches- was planning to do a full snatch, but just need to work on technique- especially opening up the hips, so thats something I'm gonna work on.

Otherwise really good WOD- should was good, Pull ups on the rings where really good, fully enjoyed learning a new skill.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:42 AM   #13
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD- 3rd July

WOD- BARBARA

5 rounds
20 pull ups
30 push ups
40 sit ups
50 squats

My previous time was 55.24 including 3 minute rest breaks. This time round my time was 44.04 including rest breaks. Was really happy with my performance and time on this WOD. Through the last round I felt physically sick, like I wanted to throw up, Corrine was great, she basically the put the bucket there and said if you need to, go ahead and then get back into it, and she really pushed me through those last 2 rounds.. Thanks Corrine!

Really happy in the way my training is going here at Norwest, in approximately 3.5 weeks, I've progressed from box pullups to doing pullups with the bands, and also on the rings, being able to so some double unders, and also being able to run 5km which I have never ever done, so I feel like I'm now on the right path to where I want to be
Old 08-07-2010, 01:42 AM   #14
Gillian Steele

Profile:

My Achievements so far at Norwest

Since transferring from Crossfit Penrith, I have achieved alot in 3.5 weeks of training out at Norwest. I have gone from doing jumping pull ups to actual pullups using the bands, being able to pump out double unders, the most I've done now is 15 (not in a row - but still 15!), graduating from all push ups on my knees back to going down on my toes and up on my knees, and my biggest achievement to date would have to be completing the 5km run - this was really tough for me, I had never ran that distance til I had done this WOD, just really challenging I ran most of the flats and walked the hills, back started to play up so this really slowed me down, but I was just so happy that I actually completed the whole thing, so happy in fact that I broke down in tears of happiness to get through, and thanks to the Dora and Antonia who ran with me on the last lap, otherwise I don't know if I would have made it!

Goals the near future are:
- Wanting to hit 135kg for a 1RM deadlift- current weight is 130kg
- Coming down onto 1 or 2 bands for my pullups
- Getting my 5km run under 50 minutes (or possibly under 45min)
- Keeping on track with my training and my food are just becoming healthier and fitter

Such a great group of people out at Norwest everyone is always pushing and motivating you to finish whatever WOD you are doing, and it really drives to go hard and push til the end.

Thanks Guys!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:44 AM   #15
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD- 5th July

10 clean and jerk 70/45
20 burpees
30 kettlebell swings 32/24
1.6km run
30 kettlebell swings 32/24
20 burpees
10 clean and jerk 70/45

Time: 29.56
WOD - + 15 extra clean and jerks at the end- Ended up doing split jerks

Swung a 20kg kettlebell today - first time in doing that- I normally swing a 16kg- so it good to progress upwards- I tried swinging at 24kg, but just couldn't get it up above my head - it took 3 goes to get a decent one up there, so stuck to the 20kg for the WOD- next time I'm swinging 24kg.

The running really killed me today - calves getting really tight when I was running and sore feet today- but I was pretty happy that I got through the WOD. Thanks to Cam pushing me through those last lot of kettlebell swings and for everyone pushing me through those last split jerks

"Special Thanks to Dan- who said I have great clean technique"- Thanks Dan
Old 08-07-2010, 01:45 AM   #16
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD-6th July

Complete as many rounds in seven minutes as you can of:
30kg Squat clean, 10 reps
20 Sit-ups

3 rounds + 4 reps rx'd

Even though this was only 7 minutes it was a definately a tough 7 minutes. Legs were definately feeling it after a all the running we've doing. Leg's don't have the miles in the yet lol. But definately feeling more confident in the burpees was really happy with how they're coming - bring on tomorrows WOD!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #17
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD- 7th July

FRAN

21,15, 9

30kg thrusters
pull ups

FRAN was one of my first WOD's at Crossfit Penrith, and I did this with a 15kg bar and subbing pullups for ring pulls, so I can't really compare the times. So current FRAN time is 12.20 with 3 band pullups. Pullups felt really good tonight- was able to my chin over the bar for most of the pullups- next WOD I'm going to try to use the just the blue and red band and see we how we go.

Next time I'm gonna aim to have a sub 10minute time, everything right now, is just very sore, legs and shoulders especially, so next time I'm going to do better!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:58 AM   #18
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD- 8th July

"Jerry"

For time:
Run 1.6km run
Row 2K
Run 1.6km run

Because I had run 3 days previous I wasn't allowed to run today- subbed 100 kettlebell swings for each run- so 200 total- did this with a 20kg kettlebell, really challenging, but really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to tomorrows strength session bring it on!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:59 AM   #19
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD- 9th July

Crossfit Total

Back squat, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep

Back Squat- 115kg- previous weight was 112.5kg- not a big improvement - but still an improvement
Shoulder Press AKA Strict Press - 42.5kg - First time doing this exercise as a 1RM - so pretty happy with 42.5kg- tried this with 45kg- but just couldn't get the bar above my head.
Deadlift - 135kg - previous weight was 130kg- 5kg definately makes a difference getting that bar- really stoked to be at 135kg now, next goal is 140kg

First time doing "CROSSFIT TOTAL" - was a good experience to do all these 3 lifts with 1RM's in one night and especially in 15 minutes to reach my 1RM. Looking forward to the next time we do this to see if I can beat my previous weights.

Total- 292.5kg!

Plus as a finisher for the weights falling off one end of the bar and everything came crashing down- I had do 52.5 burpees- which went pretty well - Thanks Rob!!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:01 AM   #20
Gillian Steele

Profile:

WOD- 10th July

WOD
Seven rounds for time of:
10 Handstand push-ups - subbed for 30kg strict press
20 kg dumbell/kb Squat clean, 10 reps - used 24kg kettlebell
10 L-pull-ups - subbed 20 pullups / 20 toes to bar

This WOD looked alot easier on paper than doing it, hands were pretty wrecked from last nights deadlifts. Doing toes to bar killed.

Managed to get out 5 rounds + 50 in the 40 minute time cap- but definately knees to elbows is something I'm gonna have to work on.