CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #11
Emily Maisannes

Profile:
Re: Emily's workout log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Lore View Post
Hate to say, but it's taken about 6-7 months until the running got better. I just did the WOD and some swimming on my own and it improved.
Actually, tho..... I'd say at 4 months or so it really started improving to the point where I didn't think I was going to totally die.
Just in one month, starting from nothing, I'm starting to see some improvement. The 100% metcon workout the other day just smoked me, but I think if it had been lifting and running, I may have done better.

Thanks so much for encouraging me that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #12
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Filthy 50... well, ok, so maybe it was the Filthy 40

Box jumps (18" box)
Jumping PUs
KB swings (16 kg)
KTE
Push press (33 lb)
Back extensions
Walking lunges
Wall balls (6 lb)
Burpees
Double unders

Only finished through 15 burpees

Thoughts: This sucked. This was the last nail in the coffin for any attempts at working out in the morning. There are 2 things that I'm doing all day: eating and drinking. These are 2 things that I'm not doing while sleeping and there is no way I can do enough of these to prep my body for a workout before 1100. I drained a liter of water about 45 minutes before the workout, and ate a good breakfast, but this still is not enough. About halfway through the wall balls, I got a splitting headache and started to feel queasy. That is my body throwing in the towel. I listened before I puked, thankfully. I tried taking a 45 second break and then continuing, but it just started all over again, and the headache never went away. Live to fight another day.

Last edited by Emily Maisannes : 09-27-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #13
Nancy Cohen

Profile:

Emily, I did the Filthy 50/50 last week (that's 25 of everything), and it's the first time I got nauseas from a workout. Don't feel discouraged. Look at it like this...you kicked a** and pushed yourself hard!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #14
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Cohen View Post
Emily, I did the Filthy 50/50 last week (that's 25 of everything), and it's the first time I got nauseas from a workout. Don't feel discouraged. Look at it like this...you kicked a** and pushed yourself hard!
Yeah, I probably would have finished if I had cut it down to 25 reps each. It was my longest workout, and I've only been doing this about 6 weeks after never having really had a dedicated fitness plan in my adult life. I am sore today!

Thanks for the encouragement. Next time I'll be able to finish.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #15
Camille Lore

Profile:

I think I've been doing the filthy 35s per BrandX. I think you're over your head with 50s. You don't want to overdo it-just to get a workout. Believe me- 35s is plenty of each! Esp burpees...

For zoning related questions, please email me at Camille at CrossFit.com
Old 09-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #16
Delita Wright

Profile:

Emily, Hi - I just got caught up on your log. Good work! You are really pushing yourself and that's good, I think. Just hate to see you tear yourself up for doing good. My filthy fifty was a filthy fifteen - and that was way more than I have ever done! Sometimes I feel like a four year old watching the big kids play and I so want to be able to do all that! Truth is, I will be able to do it after I've put in the time to get there. And you are so close already. Just wanted to say *hi* and GREAT JOB! Delita
Old 09-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #17
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Quote:
I think I've been doing the filthy 35s per BrandX. I think you're over your head with 50s. You don't want to overdo it-just to get a workout. Believe me- 35s is plenty of each! Esp burpees...
Yeah, I did 40's, because I knew there was zero chance of my being able to do 50. I think that if I was properly nourished and hydrated, i.e. not trying to do this in the morning, I would have done better. I'm definitely going to be dropping it back to 35's or 30's just so I don't get quite so smoked so early on. I was taking some long breaks, much longer than I normally have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delita Wright View Post
Emily, Hi - I just got caught up on your log. Good work! You are really pushing yourself and that's good, I think. Just hate to see you tear yourself up for doing good. My filthy fifty was a filthy fifteen - and that was way more than I have ever done! Sometimes I feel like a four year old watching the big kids play and I so want to be able to do all that! Truth is, I will be able to do it after I've put in the time to get there. And you are so close already. Just wanted to say *hi* and GREAT JOB! Delita
Thanks for the cheering, Delita! I'm not tearing myself up so much as just admitting that making a logistical error (food + water) set me up for failure. I've never thrown in the towel on a workout before this week, and I did it twice. The first was Thursday when our coach cut me off at 40 minutes, and then this time when I just got that splitting headache. I've never developed a headache while working out, and I didn't want to find out what would happen if I just pressed on through! Even at 15 reps, though, that's one helluva workout! Keep it up!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #18
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

WU: Cindy (2 rds)

WOD: (4 rds)
400 m run
10 box jumps (18" box)
10 push press (43 lbs)
10 KB swings (16 kg)
10 SDHP (43 lbs)

29:58

Thoughts: I felt awesome during this workout. The dreaded running wasn't so bad, and I walked less than 300 m total of the 1600 m that I ran. I was feeling strong on the box jumps, in spite of the fact that my calves were still really sore from my Filthy 40 on Saturday. I feel right about the weight on the push press, but I feel like I can definitely up the weight on the SDHP. I feel like in that lift, I can really get my hips into it and get the weight up there. I just about bashed my chin once, but stopped it just in time. I don't think I'm getting the right hip movement on the push press, which is why I'm still lagging on those. I am pretty sure that in such a short workout, if we're doing swings, I can use a bigger KB. I feel great on KB swings. Those are always my break. Steve said that just one or two more days on a 19" box, and then I need to get rid of my crutches and just jump the full 20". I'm doing some jumps where it's all legs, but I'm getting the hang of getting in a tuck to save the legs and get more foot height on the jump. Head height doesn't matter as much.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:42 PM   #19
Camille Lore

Profile:

Alright!! The running improvement has already happened. That's awesome.

I think I missed the part about your hydration and food the other day. That definitely affects performance. How did you eat before Cindy?

For zoning related questions, please email me at Camille at CrossFit.com
Old 09-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #20
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Quote:
How did you eat before Cindy?
2 rounds of Cindy was just the warmup. I'd actually like to do Cindy sometime.

I felt like I was properly fed and hydrated today. I know I can push myself harder on Wednesday.

Oh! The other thing I noticed is that my post-workout recovery was a lot shorter. I pushed myself to the max. Today, that was the fastest I could go, but once the workout was over, I wasn't as completely smoked as I normally am. I was able to go right home and get to cooking.